Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – it’s a great year to be looking for a luxury cruise. Yes, we know. It was the subject of our blog just a few weeks ago in January, where we were looking ahead to the whole of 2019. We have no great wish to keep sounding […]
Tag Archives | New ships
It’s a line that has been sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Shirley Bassey and Nat King Cole, not to mention Ringo Starr, Tina Charles and Jeff Lynne, but can it also be applied to a cruise ship? Love, of course, is most definitely a many-splendored thing (thanks to the 1955 Oscar-winning […]
The poet Robert Browning first coined the phrase in 1855. Architect Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe (now there’s a name to conjure with) picked it up and ran with it in the 20th century, and countless others have used it to varying degrees of success ever since. ‘Less is more’ has become the mantra of the […]
Count us in, darlings. We can certainly wait, especially given the propensity of the current summer to either bake us or drown us at equally short notice. 2020, you say? No problem, we reply. Count us in. We are, of course, referring to the latest, gorgeous and oh-so-inviting possibilities for the forthcoming new Crystal […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Shakespeare said it first but William Holden and Jennifer Jones set more hearts racing with their interpretation of it, thanks to their performance in the 1955 Oscar-winning romantic blockbuster Love Is A Many Splendored Thing. It was pretty racy for its time (although subsequent stories that the two stars hated […]
We had to chortle. It’s something we’ve been saying for years, in the forlorn hope that someone, somewhere would pay attention and raise the issue in The Press (as we used to call it. Nowadays, it’s more likely to be Faceblock, or Tweetie Pie, or some such similar nonsense). Anyway, there we were enjoying our […]
A GREAT ADVERT FOR CRUISING Some slogans pass the test of time. “Don’t say brown, say Hovis,” still springs to mind as the perfect metaphor for a great loaf of bread. Equally, “Guinness is good for you,” struck the right nerve in the advertising world way back in 1929, and Ireland’s most famous export has […]
Advancement through elegance (and technology)! By Jos Dewing Just a quick outline and impression here of a really beautiful and brand new piece of nautical hardware! There is a very well-known German slogan meaning “Advancement through technology”, which has in itself become a company ethos and ‘premium’ expression in the world of advertising and manufacturing. […]
- Top 10 Reasons To Cruise From Barcelona 14/06/2019
- Best Cruises For Solo Travellers 06/06/2019
- Stop The World (Wide Web), We Want To Get Off! 30/05/2019
- Top 10 Baltic Shore Excursions 23/05/2019
- Silver Shadow Renovation: When Silver Becomes Gold 16/05/2019
- Anatomy Of A Cruise 09/05/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...