Our latest vacancies:
Marketing & Social Media Executive
- Salary: £23,000-25,000 per annum (based on experience)
- Hours: 0900-1730, Monday to Friday
- Location: Office-based in Hurstpierpoint
We are looking to grow our Marketing Team with the addition of a Marketing & Social Media Executive. The successful applicant will take the lead on our social strategy while also undertaking various content-related responsibilities, from writing landing pages and emails to blog posts and news articles.
Founded in 1993, The Cruise Line is the UK’s original luxury cruise specialist. We partner with over 30 of the world’s leading ocean, river, and expedition cruise operators to deliver exceptional luxury holiday experiences for our clients.
About the role:
Our Marketing Team is a critical component of our business and has established a reputation in the industry for its can-do attitude and ability to turn high-quality campaigns around at a moment’s notice. You’ll assist the team on a range of projects while also enjoying free rein to indulge your creativity.
- Manage our social media presence to serve business requirements, ensuring a consistent brand-appropriate tone-of-voice at all times.
- Create captivating written content for use on website pages, e-newsletters, industry-related articles, press releases, and blog posts.
- Work alongside the Marketing Director to help define the ongoing content strategy, considering seasonality, milestones, product launches, and holiday periods.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with offline marketing pieces, including press ads, brochures, postcards, and letters.
- Track and report on content and social media campaigns to determine effectiveness and identity areas for improvement.
- Get involved with housekeeping tasks, including website updates, offer production and team briefings.
- Attend client/industry events where required (1-2 per year)
- 1+ years of digital marketing/copywriting experience
- Able to create engaging written content with a degree of grammatical accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Good grasp of SEO techniques and practices
- Experience using social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Familiar with WordPress (or a similar CMS) and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good understanding of Google Analytics for tracking and reporting purposes
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Experience using an ESP such as MailChimp, Campaign Manager, Pure360 etc
- Experience with Photoshop or other elements of the Adobe suite
- Experience working in a B2C business, preferably in the leisure and tourism industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about the role content and social media play in promoting luxury goods and services.
- LOVES writing! This role is heavily content-driven, so you’ll have lots of opportunities to perfect your skills.
- Keen interest in travel, holidays, and exploration.
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 25 + Bank Holidays)
- Regular opportunities to participate in fam trips with our cruise partners
- Company events and dinners
- Employee discounts via My Work Offers and Touchdown
- Casual dress
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to David@cruiseline.co.uk.