Orion I was constructed in 2003 and has been in service with Orion Expeditions for the past ten years. Sleek and sophisticated, Orion I is environmentally sound and is seen as one of the world’s best luxury cruise vessels for adventure-style cruises.
The accommodation aboard Orion I is excellently appointed, offering warmth and elegance in each and every stateroom and suite, whilst the comfortable surroundings and soft decor in the ship’s public spaces make it a great place to relax and share stories with new found friends.
Entertainment on Orion I is often regionally-themed and low key, whilst those with a keen interest in health and fitness will be delighted to know that Orion I also houses a full-size gym and marina platform for snorkelling and other water sports.
Due to its small scale, it’s more of a private yacht than a cruise ship, but if you’re seeking a big-ship alternative with a view to visiting beautiful, unspoilt destinations such as Antarctica and the Kimberly’s, it’s the perfect choice.
ORION I Accommodation
- 4 Owners Suites (345 sq. ft.)
- 6 Balcony Suites (230 sq. ft.)
- 2 Deluxe Suites (230 sq. ft.)
- 19 Junior Suites (220 sq. ft.)
- 19 Deluxe Staterooms (180 sq. ft.)
- 3 Staterooms (175 sq. ft.)
Suites and Staterooms include:
- Queen or twin bed sleeping arrangement
- 24-hour room service
- Personal safe deposit box
- Mini-fridge with complimentary bottled water
- Hair dryer, flat screen TV, DVD/CD player
- Phone & wireless internet connection for your laptop
- Marble bathrooms with shower & bathtub in Owners Suites
Orion I Dining and Facilities
Famous award winning chef Serge Dansereau offers themed regional menus accompanied by Australian, European and New Zealand wine vintages to complement your meals.
Delphinus outdoor Café for buffet breakfast, lunch and booked evening dinner.
Galaxy 270º Observation Lounge for early breakfasts and afternoon tea.
Constellation restaurant open anytime breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Leda Lounge and Cocktail Bar with pre-dinner tour briefings and an evening duet.
Orion I Facilities
- Cosmos Lecture Theatre expedition presentations and guest speakers
- Boutique including pearls from Paspaley
- Hair and Beauty Salon
- Gymnasium and Sauna
- Hospital with on-board doctor
- Library with destination info, novels, games and internet laptop
- Sporting 10 inflatable 2-man kayaks
- Stern Marina Platform snorkelling equipment
- Sun deck Jacuzzi/plunge pool and adjacent Bar
- Vega Health Spa with massage/spa treatments
For more information on Orion I or to hear about our latest offers on Orion Expedition cruises, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.