All-suite accommodation, 26 expertly-crafted itineraries and the largest space-to-passenger ratio in the world – why Hapag-Lloyd’s MS Europa 2 is set to make biggest waves in cruising this year.
Later this week, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises’ newest cruise ship – the hugely-anticipated MS Europa 2 – will undertake her official maiden voyage from Hamburg to Lisbon. Heralded by many as a game-changer for luxury cruising, this five-star, 516-guest capacity vessel will offer guests the largest space-per-passenger ratio of any cruise ship in the world, along with a whole host of superb onboard facilities and amenities.
Later on this week we’ll have some exclusive pictures of MS Europa 2 along with a ‘first-look’ article telling you why this breathtaking vessel is destined to be THE luxury cruise ship of the year. In the meantime, we’ve compiled some information on the MS Europa 2 below which you might find interesting if you’re still on the look-out for a luxury cruise ship to sail on in 2013.
MS Europa 2 Construction:
– MS Europa was constructed at the STX Europe shipyard on the west coast of France in Nazaire. Other ships built in this shipyard include NCL’s Norwegian Epic and MSC’s Fantasia.
– The complete build of the MS Europa 2 cruise ship took over 18 months to be completed, with the first steel cut on 5th September 2011.
– Over 1,000 of the shipyard’s employees and engineers were involved in the construction of the MS Europa 2.
– Materials used to build the MS Europa 2 included 20,000 lbs of steel and 186 miles of cable.
– Over 247,570 square feet of carpet has been laid throughout the ship.
– MS Europa weighs over 42,000 tonnes and measures just over 225 metres in length.
MS Europa 2 Accommodation:
– There are 251 suites onboard MS Europa 2, including 2 Owner’s Suites, 2 Grand Penthouse Suites, 16 Spa Suites, 24 Grand Suites, 59 Ocean Suites, 141 Veranda Suites and 7 Family Apartments.
– MS Europa 2 is exclusively all-suite with each accommodation option offering a private veranda. The largest veranda available is found in the Owner’s Suites while the ship’s lowest accommodation grade – the Veranda Suites – includes a veranda of 7 square metres.
– Each suite is equipped with the following facilities: A separated living area, a flat-screen television, a tablet PC, a portable telephone a Nespresso coffee machine, a bathroom with shower/bath facilities.
MS Europa 2 Facilities:
– MS Europa is home to eight restaurants and offers a dazzling array of mealtime options including a sushi bar (Sakura), an Italian-themed restaurant (Serenissima), an Asia-themed restaurant (Elements) and the ship’s largest restaurant, Weltmere.
– MS Europa offers a 620 square metre spa facility – the Ocean Spa – where guests can enjoy a variety of treatments in soothing style. The Ocean Spa’s facilities include a whirlpool, four saunas, a Kneipp Pool, and an ice fountain.
– For health and fitness enthusiasts, MS Europa 2 has a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art gym.
– When visiting smaller ports of call, guests will be taken to shore in one of twelve Zodiacs so that they can enjoy some of the world’s most hidden gems and beauty spots.
– During the evening, MS Europa runs a full entertainment program that includes stage shows, musical performances and special readings by famous actors and actresses.
Did you know?
– MS Europa 2 will offer the largest space per passenger ratio of any cruise ship in the world.
– In 2013, MS Europa 2 will offer a choice of 26 itineraries that take in highlights of the Mediterranean, Arabian Peninsula and Southeast Asia.
– MS Europa 2 is the ideal vessel if you’re seeking a luxury cruise ship that the whole family will enjoy. Those travelling with younger children will be delighted to know that Hapag-Lloyd Cruises offer a children’s shore excursion program free of charge (for children aged 4-15) alongside daily clubs and activity centres for both children and teens, each one supervised by highly-trained specialists.
– Golf fanatics are fully catered for with 2 special golf simulators designed to help hone your skills while at sea. In addition to this, Hapag-Lloyd offers Extensive Golf Packages on selected voyages which include supervision by PGA accredited golf professionals and the opportunity to enjoy some of the world’s finest golf courses.
MS Europa 2 – 2013 cruises
In 2013 MS Europa 2 will spend the summer season in the Mediterranean before switching to Southeast Asia in the winter (via the Arabian Peninsula). To view the full schedule of itineraries, please click here. Alternatively, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677 to hear about our latest fares and special offers.