MV Princess Danae
Princess Danae has a beautiful, flared profile that harks back to the great age of the classic ocean liners. As graceful as a swan, she is a stately 16,500 tons and 162 metres long. Within her seven decks there is a wealth of leisure and entertainment options that can provide all the stimulation or relaxation that any traveller might need.
Accommodation is an especially strong point, with numerous beautifully furnished, wood panelled suites on the upper decks. A deep draft makes this lovely ship very stable at sea, especially delightful on the occasional sea days that feature on her itineraries.
Outer decks are expansive, with a lido pool and large, umbrella shaded buffet area. A maximum of 600 passengers are carried double occupancy in a total of 288 suites and cabins.
The main dining room provides wonderful international fare and, during the day, guests may also take breakfast or lunch at the lido café on the upper decks. Princess Danae manages to be small enough to feel welcoming, and yet expansive enough to provide for days of elegant diversions on board.
In short, this is a rare gem of a ship with an illustrious heritage, of impeccable appearance, and with one of the widest, most appealing range of cabins on any ship of this size.
Accommodation on Princess Danae
- 288 cabins and suites, all with private facilities
- Six veranda suites have separate bedrooms with telephone, music, satellite television and mini bar
- Sixteen suites and seventy four junior suites come with expansive sitting areas and mini bar
- Some inside cabins have single beds arranged at right angled configurations
Entertainment on Princess Danae
- Main show lounge for dancing after dinner, and production shows with headline entertainers
- Piano bar for pre and after dinner cocktails
- Upper deck disco and live music in the Veranda café
- Small casino
- Auditorium cinema showing feature films each cruise
Facilities on the Princess Danae
- Expansive pool and lido deck
- Main restaurant serving Portuguese and international cuisine in two sittings
- Casual outdoor buffet for breakfast and lunch
- Elegant piano bar
- Expansive club room featuring a library, internet facilities and card tables
- Beauty salon
- Duty free shop
- Photo gallery
- Elegant veranda café with wicker furniture and stunning sea views
- Unusually high ratio of suites