One of our Cruise Experts, Mandy, recently enjoyed a short trip around the Spanish coast on Silversea Expeditions’ Silver Explorer – read her thoughts and see her pictures below: I boarded the Silversea Explorer in Tenerife after a comfortable coach transfer along with my fellow cruisers, hosted by Paulette and Ewen Buchanan Calder, who met […]
Inside Compagnie Du Ponant’s Le Boreal For French chic and true elegance then look no further than France’s very own Compagnie du Ponant. This unique cruise line embodies everything that is great about yacht-style cruising and we believe Ponant is one of the best niche cruise lines out there at the moment. A while back […]
Anthony Nicolas on why small is sweet… Modern cruise ships seem to expand faster than the Chinese economy these days. With rock climbing walls, parks and multiple hot tubs and eateries, each new one seems to ram home the idea that ‘big is best’ with more force than a pneumatic pile driver, and even less […]
Since the publication of her first book Sheila Collins has won an army of fans with her humorous tales of everyday life told through a cat’s eyes. A seasoned cruiser herself, Sheila told us a little bit more about her latest book and why she chose to write about cruising through the eyes of a […]
5 things to do in New York City you might not have considered… New York has always been considered one of cruising’s ‘classic’ destinations, echoing a golden age when huge steam-powered ships would cross the Atlantic carrying eager guests to a magical land that up until then had only existed in washed-out photographs and family […]
In an attempt to escape the UK’s cold winter weather I decided to book a trip to Southern India. As my departure date grew ever closer I got the distinct feeling that India really is a destination that polarises opinion; some people love the idea of having a holiday there, whilst others absolutely hate it. […]
Alaska. Just the mention of it is as invigorating as its legendary clean, fresh air. Unimaginably vast and ruggedly beautiful, it remains the absolute Rolls Royce of scenic cruising anywhere in the world. You might see sodden, shambling brown grizzly bears wading ashore, before lunging through fields of giant redwood trees that stand like ranks […]
Now that 2012 is here we’ve put our heads together and come up with 10 great reasons for enjoying a cruise holiday in the next 12 months. If you’ve got anything you’d like to add simply leave a reply in the comments below. Visit Alaska with Princess Cruises For the fifth year in a […]
For many people the idea of spending the festive season on a cruise is bliss, not only do you wave goodbye to any hectic Christmas preparations but you also get the opportunity to catch some mid-winter sun or alternatively enjoy a winter wonderland break. For those of you who have never been on a Christmas […]
- All Hail, SeaDream’s Innovation! 11/09/2019
- Helen Mirren Christens Scenic Eclipse 11/09/2019
- Appeal For The Bahamas 06/09/2019
- Top 10 Alternative Dining Restaurants At Sea 29/08/2019
- Farewell, Oriana – Queen of a New Age 21/08/2019
- Expedition Cruising Crystal Class 15/08/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...