By Simon & Susan Veness We’re paraphrasing an old Ian Dury song here but bear with us. No, we’re not being flippant, but there is a sense that the media is over-dramatising the issue. There aren’t any reasons to be cheerful in this instance but, we think, there ARE reasons to be careful. Coronavirus hasn’t […]
It’s been five years since I last stepped foot on a Regent Seven Seas’ ship. Back then, Seven Seas Mariner provided me with something of a landmark experience; my first taste of ‘true’ luxury cruising and a barometer against which I would measure every future voyage and – perhaps unfairly – every ship I was […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Just when you think the cruise-ship order books of the world couldn’t be any more jam-packed with new-builds and new ideas, along comes something novel and exciting that adds even more to this profusion of maritime magnificence. Enter, Emerald Yacht Cruises. Yes, there is still room for another ocean-going ultra-luxe […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We are often asked about our favourite cruise line, or our “best ever” cruise, and it’s always a difficult one to answer objectively (especially after more than 100 voyages, from South Africa to Alaska!). It’s always tempting to say that our preferred cruise is the next one, such is […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – expedition cruising is the new Black. It’s true. For all the fact the cruise world continues to develop and add new mega-ships in leaps and bounds, the more adventurous angle to this maritime boom is among the biggest drivers of new […]
It’s easy to get carried away when you’re looking for your next (or especially your first) cruise. There are just so many temptations, special offers and added ‘extras’ that they can make your head spin. And not in a good way. As we often have to tell our parents, “Just because it says 50 per […]
A Treadwell & Tenny Look Ahead to 2020 Back in our dim and distant youth, we fondly remember a cartoon featuring Tweety Pie and Sylvester where the hapless feline of the story was whisked aboard a ship and found himself at the mercy of some rough seas. Whenever he was in a position to make […]
By Simon and Susan Veness It’s undoubtedly true to say that there are always good reasons to take a cruise, but the start of a new decade is definitely a time to take stock, look ahead and anticipate some exciting developments in the maritime world. The past 10 years have seen steady growth in cruising in […]
Okay, so we are only a few days away from Saint Nick’s annual ramble around the world and the night children look forward to pretty much all year, but how about the cruise world? What Christmas presents would it like if Pere Noel delivered his goods to businesses? You can be sure it would wish, […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...
- Stephen palmer: We are new to cruising have cruised with celebrit...
- David Smith: Hello Lesley! Yes, as a business, Voyages to Antiq...
- David Smith: It's been a very busy year - 2020 is shaping up t...