Today we are in the uber-chic French seaside resort of St Tropez, the playground of celebs and wannabe-celebs worldwide. It is massively chic and wildly expensive, especially if you want to shop. It is also the perfect summer spot for a bit of idle wandering, stopping for a bite to eat (we recommend the […]
The last time we were in Monte Carlo, the doorman at the famous Casino took one look at us and declared, “Non.” Admittedly we were distinctly bedraggled and decidedly not dressed to impress, but we did expect at least to be able to peep inside the doors at the rich and famous gambling away the […]
Cruise Log: Portofino, Italy Our regular bloggers, Simon & Susan Veness, are taking a week’s cruise on Windstar Cruises’ unique Wind Surf – and reporting back exclusively for The Cruise Line on a daily basis on the whole experience. This is Day Four of the trip… If we had to pick just one Italian port […]
Cruise Log: Portovenere, Italy Our regular bloggers, Simon & Susan Veness, are taking a week’s cruise on Windstar Cruises’ unique Wind Surf – and reporting back exclusively for The Cruise Line on a daily basis on the whole experience. This is Day Three of the trip… Is there ever such a thing as a truly […]
DAY 2: Elba, Portoferraio According to the old adage, you only get one chance to make a first impression but, on board Wind Surf, that is simply not the case. So far, there are at least four major impressions of the initial kind, and all have been unfailingly positive. Yesterday, of course, was embarkation day, […]
DAY 1: Embarkation – Civitavecchia (Rome) You absolutely know you are on the right maritime track when your transfer brings you into port and your vessel sticks out from the cruise crowd in the same way that Michaelangelo differs from The Beano. Yes, there were other ships already docked in Civitavecchia, the port for Rome, […]
If you have access to a group of people with a common interest that might be interested in a themed cruise together, get in touch today! In return for your help in helping organise and promote, you will enjoy the cruise at no cost to yourself! The theme of the cruise can be about just […]
The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear recently returned from celebrating 10 years of Silversea Expeditions on Silver Cloud… I recently spent two days aboard Silversea Expeditions’ newly-renovated Silver Cloud. The occasion, which was attended by many old friends and clients, was to mark Silversea’s 10 year anniversary as the pioneers of luxury expedition cruising. […]
From the bloggers who brought you Silver Muse Live in March, stand by for another ‘virtual cruise’ adventure on the high seas, highlighting all that is be enjoyed aboard the flagship of the Windstar Cruise fleet… Yes, that’s right, having provided a nine-day ‘virtual’ voyage of the wonderful Silver Muse in the Caribbean, we are […]
- South Pacific Cruise Guide 16/08/2018
- A Silversea Takeover? Never Fear! 09/08/2018
- An Endeavor We Can Fully Support! 02/08/2018
- 5 Up-And-Coming Cruise Destinations 25/07/2018
- Best Cruises for First-timers 19/07/2018
- Why Alaska Should Be On Your Cruise Radar 12/07/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...