I was lucky enough to be invited by Silversea to Palermo in Sicily to see the lengthening of the Silver Spirit. We took a direct flight with BA from Heathrow to Palermo and were transferred to our hotel – Villa Igiea. Restored at the end of the 19th Century this beautiful hotel still has many […]
Day Two: Cruise Log | At Sea If there is an essence of the true ocean-going indulgence of a cruise, then it is a sea day, that chance to genuinely slow down and take advantage of the all-out pleasure of being far from land, with nothing to do but enjoy yourself among the facilities and […]
Embarkation Day – Day One Cruise log – Fort Lauderdale.- Checking in for a cruise is never usually an especially enjoyable experience, but you do expect above average for an ultra-luxury line. Did we say above average? How about seamless. That was how it worked out for us today at Port Everglades, where Silver Muse […]
By Simon and Susan Veness Would you like to know what a Silversea cruise is really like before you book it? Would you like the ultimate insider’s look at a vessel before sailing? And would it be helpful to get real-time photos and reports direct from the ship in question? If you answered ‘Yes’ to […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We’re in the middle of cruising’s annual Awards Season, and there are usually plenty to go around. The ‘Best This’ and the ‘Best That’ are commonplace, but there are a few worth paying attention to, as they come from a panel of experts who really know their stuff. Without wishing […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
We had to chortle. It’s something we’ve been saying for years, in the forlorn hope that someone, somewhere would pay attention and raise the issue in The Press (as we used to call it. Nowadays, it’s more likely to be Faceblock, or Tweetie Pie, or some such similar nonsense). Anyway, there we were enjoying our […]
By Simon & Susan Veness A Roman martyr first created the famous heartfelt signature of love. Geoffrey Chaucer made it popular in the 14th century. And the tradition really took off in 18th century Britain with the addition of flowers, confectionery and greeting cards. We refer, of course, to Valentine’s Day – or the Feast […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Shuffleboard and deck quoits have largely been consigned to the dustbin of history in cruising terms – very sadly for those (like us!) who still remember keen ocean-going tournaments that enlivened long, languid sea days in the past. True, a few lines do still maintain these venerable maritime traditions, providing […]
- Onboard Credit – What Is It & How Does It Work? 11/04/2018
- 10 Things We Loved About Silver Muse 03/04/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 9 – Key West, Florida 22/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 8 – At Sea 21/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 7 – Roatan, Honduras 20/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day Six 19/03/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...