From the bloggers who brought you Silver Muse Live in March, stand by for another ‘virtual cruise’ adventure on the high seas, highlighting all that is be enjoyed aboard the flagship of the Windstar Cruise fleet… Yes, that’s right, having provided a nine-day ‘virtual’ voyage of the wonderful Silver Muse in the Caribbean, we are […]
Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
They say anticipation is the greater part of pleasure; that expectations are at least half the fun; anticipation is the very soul of enjoyment. ‘They,’ of course, are wrong. At least when it comes to cruising. Hopelessly, ridiculously, laughably wrong. Anticipating a cruise is certainly wonderful. It means that you have it all booked and […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Regular cruisers will have heard it all before. “Why would you want to go cruising? It’s just for old fogeys; it’s dull and dreary; I don’t want to be cooped up; who wants to get sea-sick?” etc, etc, etc. From time immemorial, or, at least, ever since someone first had […]
Her original name was simply Hull 736. To her owners, she was Project Q4. And she was the very last of her ocean-going breed. Launched in 1967, her maiden voyage wasn’t until May 1969, and critics derided her – almost literally – as a White Elephant. They were wrong, of course, but the controversial […]
Old Man River made its debut in 1927, courtesy of the musical Show Boat. The song, by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II, served to highlight the relentless flow of the country’s most famous river at a time when the Mississippi was still the highway of America, thick with boats heading up and down-river with […]
In our first review of Seabourn Ovation, The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear gives his first impressions on the latest addition to the award-winning Seabourn fleet. Last week in Genoa, Seabourn launched their latest ship, Seabourn Ovation, for a seven-night pre-inaugural viewing to the travel trade. This ‘shakedown cruise’, as they call it, was […]
10 Reasons why cruising Australia should be on your cruise bucket-list… By Simon & Susan Veness G’day, cobbers, we’re here to tell ya all about cruisin’ the Oz way. Throw another shrimp on the barbie, settle back, and we’ll give ya the full lowdown…. Okay, now we’ve got that nonsense out of the way, we […]
It was the bally butler that did it. There we were, sticking rigidly to the old Doctor’s Orders with our diet, and along comes our stateroom butler with daily hors d’oeuvres and suddenly everything’s gone to hell in a canapé basket. We should have expected it, of course. It’s all very well having the MO […]
- Wind Surf Live! Day Seven: Le Lavandou 20/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Six: St Tropez 19/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Five: Monte Carlo 18/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Four: Portofino 17/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Three: Cinque Terre 15/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Two: Elba 15/06/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...