Tenny & Treadwell’s look back at 2018… The brief was pretty simple. Just give us your thoughts on the cruise year in review, our editor said. You know, all the highlights of cruising from the past 12 months, the new ships, cruises and what not. Highlights? Us? What was he thinking? Asking us to do […]
The Phoenicians invented Mediterranean cruising more than 3,000 years ago, so you’d be forgiven for thinking there can’t be much new in the sphere of Med sailing by now. The fact is, there’s a LOT to look forward to next year and some hugely tempting voyages. True, Mare Nostrum, as the Romans called it, […]
European river cruising has become big business in the overall scheme of things as far as the cruise world is concerned. Make that Big Business. Back in 2000, there were fewer than 150 vessels plying the waters of the Rhine, Danube, Rhone-Saone and Elbe-Oder, and they tended to be staid, rather old-fashioned and distinctly formulaic […]
A conversation at Treadwell & Tenny Towers, Sussex, sometime in November 2018 Tenny: Bugger it, Treadwell old girl. Where the hell did you put my glasses this time? I just put them down a moment ago and now they’re gone. Treadwell: *Long suffering* They’re on your head, darling. Tenny: What? Where was that, you say? […]
When do two halves make more than a whole? When you cut a cruise ship in half and put it back together again with a whole new ‘middle bit.’ It’s nothing actually new in the technological world of shipyards and marine construction, but it’s firmly back in the headlines again this month with the news […]
I was recently invited onboard Voyages to Antiquity’s MV Aegean Odyssey for a short cruise around several of the Greek Isles. We visited Samothraki, Chios and Patmos (which to mind, is the new Mykonos) and found the ship’s size perfect for exploring the ‘original Greece’ and discovering these lesser-known islands. Boarding Aegean Odyssey in Athens […]
I was recently lucky enough to experience a four-night sailing from Passau to Vienna aboard one of Crystal River Cruises’ newest ships, the 106-guest capacity Crystal Ravel. Having only ever cruised on ocean-going, luxury cruise lines, I was extremely excited to see how river cruising with Crystal compared. Following a short flight to Munich, we […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Fashion week. Baseball. Science fiction. Legends of wrestling. 1970s rock music. What do all of these things have in common? You can find each and every one of them on a themed cruise. It used to be the case that a ‘themed’ cruise meant one of only a handful of […]
How do you improve on six-star style? Seriously, how do you take one of the very best cruise experiences and add to it, enhancing the essence of what it is and what it does? Those were the questions that immediately occurred to us when we heard earlier this year about the huge refurbishment that Crystal […]
- 5 Reasons To Book A Cruise This Year 21/02/2019
- Our Top Honeymoon Cruises for 2019 14/02/2019
- Set Sail on a Silversea World Expedition 06/02/2019
- It’s Time For The TAT Cruise Awards 2019! 01/02/2019
- 7 Sensational Voyages with Silversea Expeditions 23/01/2019
- It’s ‘New Ship’ Season 16/01/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...