SILVERSEA OFFERS THE WORLD AT 50% OFF
Guests Enjoy All-Inclusive Luxury and Unlimited Value
(London – 23 February, 2009) Discerning luxury travellers with their sights set on the ultimate travel deal (not to mention the world's hottest destinations and most exotic locales) will find incomparable value and exceptional saving opportunities now offered on over seventy-five Silversea voyages in 2009.
For a limited time, savvy travellers can take advantage of unprecedented booking incentives on diverse itineraries exploring virtually every nook and corner of the globe … from the Arctic to the Antarctic … from Australia to Zanzibar.
The ultra-luxury cruise company has expanded its popular Silver Sailing programme to itineraries that encompass all seven continents -- and also boosted the savings available on many of these voyages to 50%, with thirty-nine worldwide voyages offering 50% savings in all suite categories. Plus, an array of Silver Sailing voyages offer additional perks such as reduced air programmes … and $1,000 Onboard Spending Credits.
For example, the $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit is available on Silver Shadow's 20th July, 12-day Alaska cruise (#3917) sailing roundtrip from San Francisco to explore the Sawyer Glacier and port cities of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Wrangell and Victoria (British Columbia). Silver Sailing cruise fares start at £2,597 per person -- a saving of 50% in all suite categories.
"Luxury consumers always want to get the most for their money," said David Morris, Silversea's executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. "With Silversea, virtually every shipboard amenity is included in the fare -- from cocktails, fine wines and bottled water to room service and all gratuities -- so guests already enjoy exceptional value. But when you combine half-off savings with free or discounted air, plus an Onboard Spending Credit that can be used for spa treatments, shore excursions and even dinner in our Relais & Châteaux Wine Restaurant -- then the value proposition is one the luxury traveller cannot afford to pass up."
Following below is a small sampling of the 2009 voyages featuring Silver Sailing savings of 50% available in all suite categories. The fares listed are per person based on double occupancy for a Vista Suite (Adventurer Class on Prince Albert II) and include port charges and handling fees that range from £50 to £250 per person, depending on itinerary.
Africa and Seychelles
- Silver Wind departs 4 December on a 9-day voyage (#2937) from Mombasa to Mahe with calls in Lamu, Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar, Madagascar and Assumption Island. Silver Sailing fares start at £1822.
- Silver Wind departs 13 December on a 7-day "Seychelles Islands" voyage (#2938) sailing roundtrip from Mahe with calls in La Digue, Curieuse Island, Silhouette Island and Praslin. Silver Sailing fares start at £1,397.
- Prince Albert II departs Longyearbyen 24 June on a 10-day expedition cruise (#7916) exploring the Svalbard archipelago before concluding in Tromso. Silver Sailing fares start at £2,655.
- Silver Shadow departs 13 November on a 9-day voyage (#3929) from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale with calls in Bequia, Martinique, Dominica, St. Bart's, St. Kitts and Tortola. Silver Sailing fares start at £1,622.
Far East and South Pacific
- Silver Whisper departs 3 December on a 16-day voyage (#4937) from Singapore to Sydney with calls in Semarang, Darwin, Cairns, Townsville, Whitsunday Islands and Brisbane. Silver Sailing fares start at £3,497.
- Silver Wind departs 14 May on a 7-day voyage (#2915) from Barcelona to Nice with calls in Valencia, Corsica, Livorno and Antibes. Silver Sailing fares start at £1,747, plus $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit available with reduced air from select cities.
- Silver Whisper departs 12 September on a 7-day voyage (#4928) from Istanbul to Athens with calls in Marmaris, Symi, Volos and Nafplion. Silver Sailing fares start at £1,847, plus reduced air available from select cities.
Northern Europe and Baltic
- Silver Cloud departs 10 June on a 10-day voyage (#1912) from London to Stockholm with calls in Rostock, Tallinn and Helsinki, plus a three-day, two night stopover in St. Petersburg. Silver Sailing fares start at £2,947, plus $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit available reduced air from select cities.
South America and Antarctica
- Silver Cloud departs 26 November on an 8-day voyage (#1929) from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires with calls in Parati, Sao Paulo, Itajai and Montevideo. Silver Sailing fares start at £1,872.
- Prince Albert II departs Ushuaia 29 November on an 11-day expedition cruise (#7928) exploring the Antarctic peninsula before returning to Ushuaia. Silver Sailing fares start at £3,887. (£390 per person roundtrip charter air transportation between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia is included.)
The $500 per person (maximum $1,000 per suite) Onboard Spending Credit is being offered for a limited time on new bookings made on or before 30 April, 2009. It is available on select voyages to Alaska (Voyages 3912 - 3923), Northern Europe (Voyages 1911 - 1923) and the Mediterranean (Voyages 2911 - 2920, 4912 and 4916). To take advantage of the Onboard Spending Credit offer, the guest or travel agent must request promotional code WWSBC500 at the time of booking.
A complete list of 2009 Silver Sailings is available at www.cruiseline.co.uk.
Silversea Cruises is recognised as an innovator in the luxury segment, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper (with the addition, shortly, of Silver Spirit), all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. And with the regal expedition ship Prince Albert II, the company's itineraries now encompass all seven continents.
In the U.K., Silversea has been voted "Number One" small-ship line in the Readers' Choice survey conducted by Britain's Condé Nast Traveller magazine (eight times) and Best Luxury Cruise Line according to UK's Travel Weekly Globe Awards (2009). International awards include "World's Best" by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller (nine times) and by the readers of Travel & Leisure in the US (seven times); "World's Leading Luxury Cruise Line" from World Travel Awards (2007); "Five Star Diamond Award" from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2009); "Best Luxury Cruise Line" by Spain's Cruceros & Destinos magazine (2008); "Best Cruise Line" by Australia's Luxury Travel Magazine (2009); and Best Luxury Cruise Operator according to Asia's Travel Weekly (2008).