Paul Gauguin Cruises Australia and South East Asia Exotic Shore Excursions
Paul Gauguin Cruises has released details of exotic, optional shore excursions for its Australia & South East Asia voyages and they look incredible.
On the selected 14-night itineraries, The MS Paul Gauguin sails between Cairns and Singapore, visiting less-travelled tropical ports of Australia such as Thursday Island, once a World War II military outpost, and Darwin, with its lively yet laidback ambiance. Indonesian ports include Komodo Island, home of the Komodo dragon; beautiful Bali, a coveted destination for generations; and Semarang, with its fascinating history and gateway to the temples of Borobudur.
There are two selected departures which are June 25th 2014 and August 4th 2014.
The June 25th itinerary is as follows: Cairns, Australia | At Sea | Thursday Island | At Sea x2 | Darwin, Australia | At Sea x2 | Komodo Island, Indonesia | Benoa, Bali, Indonesia | At Sea | Semarang, Indonesia | At Sea x2 | Singapore
To view the June voyage in full please click here
The August itinerary is essentially the June itinerary back to front. To view in full please click here.
Highlights of shore excursions offered on the Australia & South East Asia voyages include:
- Thursday Island, Australia—Thursday Island Discovery: Gain insight into Thursday Island’s people, history, commercial base and culture; visit the refurbished Torres Strait Museum and Green Hill Fort; and see the Japanese Pearl Divers Memorial.
- Darwin, Australia—Crocodylus Park: Visit a park featuring more than 1,000 saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, ranging in length from 11 inches to 15 feet.
- Darwin, Australia—Jumping Crocodile Cruise : Cruise along Adelaide River to watch jumping crocodiles.
- Darwin, Australia—Litchfield National Park : Explore the rainforest at Litchfield National Park, and view the Magnetic Termite Mounds and either Wangi or Florence Falls.
- Komodo Island, Indonesia—Komodo Trekking Tour: Trek through Tamarind Woods in search of Komodo Dragons, the largest reptiles on Earth.
- Benoa, Bali, Indonesia—Cooking Class at Four Seasons Resorts at Jimbaran Bay : Learn the secrets of Indonesian, Balinese or Italian cuisine, as well as the use of the Balinese stone mortar and pestle.
- Benoa, Bali, Indonesia—Experience Balinese Life: Experience local culture, visit a local elementary school and a unique Balinese House Compound, stroll along rice fields with a local farmer, view a demonstration of coconut harvesting and visit Taman Pule Temple and Mas Village.
- Benoa, Bali, Indonesia—Elephant Safari Ride & Monkey Forest: Acclaimed as one of the world’s best, the Elephant Safari Park is home to 29 of these gentle giants. Enjoy a 30-minute elephant ride then travel to Sangeh Village to visit the Sangeh Monkey Forest.
- Benoa, Bali, Indonesia—Bali Safari & Marine Park: 400 animals, representing 80 species, live here. Interact with the many different animals within these gardens and enjoy the water park, which has slides for both adults and children.
- Semarang, Indonesia—Highlights of Semarang Tour : See the Gereja Blenduk (Dome Church), Gedong Batu Temple, Grand Mosque (MAJT – Masjid Agung Jawa Tengah) and Vihara Mahavira monastery.
- Semarang, Indonesia—Steam Train Ride & Plantation Tour : Ride through the historical sections of Semarang and make your way to Ambarawa Village. Visit the Ambarawa Railway Museum and board a unique steam train for a ride to the village of Tuntang and back.
- Semarang, Indonesia—Fascinating Borobudur Temple : See the dramatic landscape of Central Java en route to Borobudur Temple, the world’s largest Buddhist monument and a UNESCO World Heritage site, and take in a performance by local entertainers.
Onboard the ship, a variety of special guests will lecture, perform or provide demonstrations which are included in Paul Gauguin Cruises all-inclusive fares.
For more information on these voyages and shore excursions please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677