Offering capacity for no more than 684 guests, Insignia is a member of Oceania Cruises ‘R-Class’ fleet and is the sister-ship of Regatta and Nautica. She was built in 1998 and underwent a comprehensive refurbishment programme in 2018, during which many of her suites, staterooms and public areas were updated.
Insignia is classified as a mid-size vessel and as such offers itineraries featuring ports of call that are inaccessible to larger cruise ships. Unlike similar luxury cruise ships, Insignia rarely operates sailings on a rotational basis, which means she is ideal for back-to-back cruises and a great choice if you’re looking for an extended cruise holiday.
Oceania Insignia Staterooms & Suites
The accommodation on Insignia offers a choice of six stateroom categories (Inside, Ocean View, Veranda and Concierge-Level Veranda), and three categories of suite (Penthouse, Vista and Owners). All of the accommodation options onboard, excluding the Inside Staterooms, offer ocean views via either a window or a private veranda.
As part of the enhancements made during her refurbishment, Insignia’s Staterooms and Suites have been updated with beautifully-crafted furnishings, and exotic stone and polished wood finishes blending seamlessly into the line’s customary palette of blues and greys. The television sets in the accommodation have also been improved, with USB charge-points now as standard in all grades.
All of staterooms and suites aboard Insignia feature the following facilities and amenities:
- Prestige Tranquility Bed
- En-suite bathroom with a bi-fold door shower and Bulgari amenities
- Flat-screen entertainment system (with satellite TV and a DVD player) RE
- Writing/Vanity desk
- Mini-bar with free bottled water and unlimited soft drinks
- 24-hour room service and twice-daily maid service
- Personal safe
- Thick cotton robes and slippers
The Owners and Vista Suites also offer a separate living/dining area, an oversized shower and two flat-screen televisions.
Oceania Insignia Dining Rooms & Restaurants
As you might expect from a cruise line which is famed for offering the ‘Best Cuisine At Sea’, the dining options aboard Oceania Cruises’ Insignia are exceptional. Dining in all of the ship’s restaurants and eateries are included in your cruise fare, though the speciality venues must be booked in advance.
- Grand Dining Room: Offering a similar experience to that of a 5-star European hotel, the Grand Dining Room serves up a variety of fresh dishes every day.
- The Terrace Cafe: More informal than the Grand Dining Room, the buffet-style Terrace Cafe gives you the option of dining al fresco or inside.
- Waves Grill: Located on Deck 9, the Waves Grill is a one-stop shop for all your American Classics, including hamburgers, hot-dogs and milkshakes.
- The Bistro: French-country cuisine inspired by the family recipes of Oceania’s Executive Culinary Director, Jacques Pepin.
- Polo Grill (speciality): A classic steakhouse in every sense of the word, here you can enjoy succulent cuts of meat and delicious sea-food.
- Red Ginger (speciality): Oceania Cruises’ famous tribute to Asian cuisine.
- Toscana (speciality): An incredible Italian dining experience serving mouth-watering dishes that have originated from Oceania Cruises’ own Italian culinary staff.
Throughout your cruise, you can also enjoy Afternoon Tea at 4 pm in the Horizon’s Lounge or order room service should you wish to dine in the privacy of your stateroom or suite.
Oceania Insignia Entertainment, Leisure & Facilities
Life onboard Oceania Cruises’ Insignia is relatively informal - similar to that which you might experience in one New York’s boutique hotels. As such, the entertainment options are relatively low-key, though the main lounge often hosts cabaret performances, musical shows and lectures. In total, Insignia has five bars and lounges, with Martinis and the Grand Bar both favourite meeting places for pre and post-dinner drinks.
For health and fitness, head to Deck 9 where you will find a full-service gym or, for something a little more relaxing, enjoy one of the many treatments on offer in the Canyon Ranch Spa.
Other facilities on Insignia include:
- Artist Loft - instructional classes led by talented artists (world cruises only)
- Two boutiques - designer clothing, casual wear and souvenirs
- The Library - a relaxing space in which to enjoy one of over 2000 books and periodicals
- Pool (with two jacuzzis)
- The Card Room
For further information regarding Insignia or to receive a quote for a future voyage, please call 0800 008 6677 or make an online enquiry for one of the cruises featured below.
|4 Dec 2020||Beaches to Boulevards - Miami to Los Angeles||16 days||Insignia|
|20 Dec 2020||Holiday Rhythms - Los Angeles to Miami||20 days||Insignia|
|20 Dec 2020||Los Angeles to Miami||20 days||Insignia|
|9 Jan 2021||Around the World - Miami to New York||180 days||Insignia|
|9 Jan 2021||Panama Canal Collage - Miami to Los Angeles||16 days||Insignia|
|25 Jan 2021||Odyssey of the Start - Los Angeles to New York||164 days||Insignia|
|25 Jan 2021||Pacific Pazzazz - Los Angeles to Sydney||30 days||Insignia|
|25 Feb 2021||Kangaroos to Komodos - Sydney to Hong Kong||28 days||Insignia|
|25 Feb 2021||Sydney to Hong Kong||28 days||Insignia|
|25 Mar 2021||Hong Kong to Singapore||12 days||Insignia|
|25 Mar 2021||Pagodas to Palaces - Hong Kong to Singapore||12 days||Insignia|
|6 Apr 2021||Singapore to Dubai||20 days||Insignia|
|6 Apr 2021||Shrines & Skyscrapers - Singapore to Dubai||20 days||Insignia|
|26 Apr 2021||Dubai to Istanbul||22 days||Insignia|
|18 May 2021||Colossal Antiquities - Istanbul to Barcelona||15 days||Insignia|