Crystal Serenity's Ultimate Alaskan Adventures In 2016
In 2016, Crystal Serenity will sail seven voyages of seven and 10 nights to the majestic lands of Alaska, offering intrepid travellers hundreds of opportunities to immerse themselves in the countless facets of the culture, outdoor adventures and resident wildlife in the state, while enjoying the exclusivity for which Crystal Cruises is renowned.
Offering experiences that cater to virtually every interest, Crystal Cruises line-up of Alaskan adventures in 2016 can be enjoyed from virtually any vantage point - by air, sea, land and glacier - with many adventures combining several of these.
- Heli-Hike and White Pass Railway, which takes guests high above the Sawtooth Mountains, through the wilderness via train and on a four- to five-mile hike along the Skagway River to the magnificent Laughton Glacier. Bears, moose and mountain goat sightings are an added perk.
- Glacier flightseeing and dog sledding, another combo adventure that highlights two of Alaska’s most popular sports, taking travellers via helicopter to the top of Denver Glacier, where they’ll marvel at the endless sea of peaks and glaciers beyond before entering the world of mushing, guided by the professionals of the Iditarod Dog Races.
- Whale-watching eco-adventure, combining a favourite activity in Alaska’s waters with the Marine Conservation Alliance Foundation’s efforts to preserve the wilderness shorelines. This adventure affords views of orcas and humpback whales as well as Stellar sea lions and harbour seals while educating participants about how the animals are identified and protected.
- ATV adventure through the Tongass National Forest, giving travellers the opportunity to visit Alaskan Brown Bears and Sitka Black Tail Deer in their common habitat as they drive along the rough terrain via 4x4, stopping for sea views of whale spouts and sea otters in the distance.
- Fly fishing by floatplane, flying far into the Alaskan wilderness to a remote spot not accessible by road, where the catch-and-release fishing expedition begins in pursuit of salmon, Dolly Varden, cut throat trout or steelhead.
Other Crystal Adventures offer numerous glacier treks, kayaking excursions, photography-focused expeditions, highlights of Alaska’s Russian and native heritage, zipline thrills, wildlife encounters and preservation education, and even crab feeds. Crystal Serenity’s guests can even enjoy observing nature from the comfort of the ship as she transits Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier.
A five-night Extended Land Programme through Denali National Park will also be available for guests sailing on the 16th August Northwest Passage voyage from Anchorage to New York.
Crystal Serenity’s 2016 Alaska cruise season runs from 19th June through 16th August, with a spring Asia voyage and August Northwest Passage route also featuring Alaskan calls and adventures.
You can view all of our Alaska voyages by clicking here.
For more information on Crystal Cruises 2016 Alaska cruise programme, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677.