Celebrity Cruises To Spend $500 Million To Refurbish Fleet
Celebrity Cruises has announced it will spend in excess of $500 million on a fleet-wide refurbishment programme.
The investment will see Celebrity’s nine ships upgraded to match the standard of the onboard amenities and facilities found on the line’s newest ship, Celebrity Edge. Deemed the “Celebrity Revolution”, the refurbishment programme will include a new refreshing look for the ship’s accommodation, restaurants and bars as well as an expansion of the SEA Thermal Suite in the onboard spa.
Commenting on the news, Celebrity Cruises’ CEO and President, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:
“We launched the Celebrity Revolution to do one thing - transform the way our guests experience the world. It begun with the introduction of the industry-changing Celebrity Edge and continued with the stunning Celebrity Flora. Our dedication to improving the way guests experience the world knows no bounds.”
It is estimated that the Celebrity Revolution will take approximately four years to complete, with the completion date for each ship as follows:
- Celebrity Millennium - February 2019
- Celebrity Summit - March 2019
- Celebrity Equinox - May 2019
- Celebrity Silhouette - January 2020
- Celebrity Eclipse - April 2020
- Celebrity Constellation - May 2020
- Celebrity Infinity - November 2020
- Celebrity Solstice - October 2020
- Celebrity Reflection - February 2020
For further information regarding Celebrity Cruises, please call our Voyage Consultants on 0800 008 6677.