Just in case anyone hadn’t noticed, cruising is Our Thing. It’s what we do, the holiday choice that is always No.1, 2 and 3 for us, and we are pretty much happy sailing the briny in any kind of vessel. Until the mega-ships came along. Prior to 1996, the world’s largest cruise vessel was the […]
Archive | Cruise Info RSS feed for this section
10 Reasons WHY We Cruise It’s a perennial refrain we hear at regular intervals from friends and acquaintances who simply don’t get it. There they are, laying on a beach in St Vincent, or Cannes, or, god forbid, Blackpool, and they have the nerve to ask us, “But why would you go on another cruise?” […]
THE GIMMICK TRAP We were lazily perusing one of the latest cruise brochures from our eyrie on the Lido Deck (the promenade was just too darn drafty this week; plus the bar is nearer) when our eye caught something truly discombobulating. For those who remember the classic film, Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, […]
Romancing The Fortress Ever since we saw the movie Romancing the Stone, Cartagena had been on our must-visit list. There was something about the way Kathleen Turner spat out the name, like it was the filthy back-end of the earth, which made us want to see it. Our introduction to Colombia, unlike hers, didn’t start […]
What’s in a name? We understand the need for recycling. It’s an important part of everyday life these days, and we do it almost without thinking. But does it also have to apply to ship names as well, which seem to be popping up with equally little forethought? This latest promenade grumble arose after we […]
Cruise musings on the Promenade Deck When the sun is over the yardarm, it’s time to open the drinks cabinet. So says the nautical expression from the 18th and 19th centuries, when it usually indicated rum rations all round. We prefer to think of it as time to open up a good conversation about cruising […]
Are cruise excursions worth the extra cost? That really is the million dollar question. We would say yes, in most cases they are worth the extra cost, but sometimes, you can do the same tours independently for less cost and have virtually the same experience. It really all depends on your cruise situation, how much […]
The Caribbean is one of the most popular cruise regions in the world and there are ships that sail there virtually all year round, but when is the BEST time to cruise the Caribbean? We would say that the best time to cruise the Caribbean is between the months of November and March. Typically, these […]
For over 25 years, Zegrahm Expeditions has taken travellers to the far ends of the earth and they remain one of the most trusted and respect expedition companies in the travel industry. Zegrahm offers innovative itineraries that their field leaders and programme managers build in order to offer a unique line-up of expeditions that are […]
Southampton is one of the busiest ports in the world for cargo and passenger vessels and has a collection of wonderful ships that call its shores home. P&O Cruises and Cunard have hundreds of itineraries leaving from Southampton and other lines, such as Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises have […]
- A Good Time In Bad Weather 22/06/2017
- It’s A Ship Jim, But Not As We Know It 16/06/2017
- Cocktails: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 08/06/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Cruising The Iron Gates 31/05/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Istanbul 25/05/2017
- Seabourn Cruises To Australia And New Zealand 23/05/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...
- Scott Anderson: Treadwell & Tenny? Like from Ship of Fools mov...
- Over The Yardarm: Cruise Musings On The Promenade Deck - Cruise Line Blog: […] Treadwell and Tenny on 01/02/2017 in Cru...