THE GIMMICK TRAP We were lazily perusing one of the latest cruise brochures from our eyrie on the Lido Deck (the promenade was just too darn drafty this week; plus the bar is nearer) when our eye caught something truly discombobulating. For those who remember the classic film, Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, […]
Cruise musings on the Promenade Deck When the sun is over the yardarm, it’s time ...
You are unlikely to find another vessel on earth that is as unique and luxurious ...
Seven Seas Explorer will be the fourth addition to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet ...
Romancing The Fortress Ever since we saw the movie Romancing the Stone, Cartagena had been on our must-visit list. There was something about the way Kathleen Turner spat out the name, like it was the filthy back-end of the earth, which made us want to see it. Our introduction to Colombia, unlike hers, didn’t start […]
What’s in a name? We understand the need for recycling. It’s an important part of everyday life these days, and we do it almost without thinking. But does it also have to apply to ship names as well, which seem to be popping up with equally little forethought? This latest promenade grumble arose after we […]
The morning of June 10 2016 started very early, but there would be a cruise ship waiting at the end of it, so it was worth it. My flight was scheduled to leave at 06.15 – meaning a 04.15 meet at Gatwick Airport with my fellow travel agents. Ten of us, including a representative from Voyages […]
Cruise musings on the Promenade Deck When the sun is over the yardarm, it’s time to open the drinks cabinet. So says the nautical expression from the 18th and 19th centuries, when it usually indicated rum rations all round. We prefer to think of it as time to open up a good conversation about cruising […]
The thought of a Caribbean cruise wraps us in the warm promise of sun-kissed beaches, rum punch and amazing adventures, and we want to make sure that your Luxury Caribbean cruises in 2017 tick all the right boxes – and maybe a few more! When Is Caribbean Cruise Season The best time to cruise the Caribbean is between […]
Sailing from Southampton to New York aboard Queen Mary 2 had been a dream of mine for quite some time and finally, in July 2016, I embarked on my first ever transatlantic voyage with Cunard to New York City. It wouldn’t be my first, however, as I was also booked to sail back to Southampton on […]
Are cruise excursions worth the extra cost? That really is the million dollar question. We would say yes, in most cases they are worth the extra cost, but sometimes, you can do the same tours independently for less cost and have virtually the same experience. It really all depends on your cruise situation, how much […]
The Caribbean is one of the most popular cruise regions in the world and there are ships that sail there virtually all year round, but when is the BEST time to cruise the Caribbean? We would say that the best time to cruise the Caribbean is between the months of November and March. Typically, these […]
- Over The Yardarm: The Gimmick Trap 23/02/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Romancing The Fortress 16/02/2017
- Over The Yardarm: What’s In A Name? 09/02/2017
- Malaga To Seville With Voyages To Antiquity 06/02/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Cruise Musings On The Promenade Deck 01/02/2017
- Luxury Caribbean Cruises In 2017 31/01/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Over The Yardarm: Cruise Musings On The Promenade Deck - Cruise Line Blog: […] Treadwell and Tenny on 01/02/2017 in Cru...
- Rob: The excursions I have most enjoyed were relatively...
- Luxury Caribbean Cruises In 2017 - Cruise Line Blog: […] For more information on the best time to...
- Danielle Fear: Hi Susan! It can take over 1 hour to get from Heat...
- susan mattson: how far is heathrow airport? what is the best and...
- Top 10 Cruise Lines For Couples | TrueInspiredLiving.com: […] Image from www.cruiseline.co.uk […...