10 Reasons WHY We Cruise It’s a perennial refrain we hear at regular intervals from friends and acquaintances who simply don’t get it. There they are, laying on a beach in St Vincent, or Cannes, or, god forbid, Blackpool, and they have the nerve to ask us, “But why would you go on another cruise?” […]
Cruise musings on the Promenade Deck When the sun is over the yardarm, it’s time ...
You are unlikely to find another vessel on earth that is as unique and luxurious ...
Seven Seas Explorer will be the fourth addition to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet ...
A Not-So-Magic Carpet Ride They’re at it again, you know. No sooner do we turn our back on the modern cruise designers than they come up with some new devilry, otherwise known as a cruise ship gimmick. It seems like only a few weeks ago (it was – Ed.) that we were bemoaning the fact […]
Why choose a river cruise A river cruise is a fantastic way of seeing the world and it’s the ideal choice for those that like the idea of a cruise, but not necessarily an ocean cruise. It’s relaxing, you dock right in the heart of the cities and towns that you visit and there are […]
This is a drill Our latest voyage hadn’t officially gotten under way and already I was distinctly warm under the collar. And not because of the Caribbean swelter. It was an hour to departure and there we were, shuffling along amid an orange-hued horde all jostling for a few square feet of their own on […]
FROM HERE TO MATERNITY Tenny and I understand the appeal of a beach day, lounging with a drink in hand and paddling in the sea. But just occasionally the process of getting there can take an uncomfortable turn toward moral failure, like the time we boarded a tender for the 10-minute trip over to Grand […]
THE GIMMICK TRAP We were lazily perusing one of the latest cruise brochures from our eyrie on the Lido Deck (the promenade was just too darn drafty this week; plus the bar is nearer) when our eye caught something truly discombobulating. For those who remember the classic film, Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, […]
Romancing The Fortress Ever since we saw the movie Romancing the Stone, Cartagena had been on our must-visit list. There was something about the way Kathleen Turner spat out the name, like it was the filthy back-end of the earth, which made us want to see it. Our introduction to Colombia, unlike hers, didn’t start […]
What’s in a name? We understand the need for recycling. It’s an important part of everyday life these days, and we do it almost without thinking. But does it also have to apply to ship names as well, which seem to be popping up with equally little forethought? This latest promenade grumble arose after we […]
The morning of June 10 2016 started very early, but there would be a cruise ship waiting at the end of it, so it was worth it. My flight was scheduled to leave at 06.15 – meaning a 04.15 meet at Gatwick Airport with my fellow travel agents. Ten of us, including a representative from Voyages […]
- Over The Yardarm: 10 Reasons WHY We Cruise 23/03/2017
- Over The Yardarm: A Not-So Magic Carpet Ride 16/03/2017
- Why Choose A River Cruise 14/03/2017
- Over The Yardarm: This Is A Drill 09/03/2017
- Over The Yardarm: From Here to Maternity 02/03/2017
- Over The Yardarm: The Gimmick Trap 23/02/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Scott Anderson: Treadwell & Tenny? Like from Ship of Fools mov...
- Over The Yardarm: Cruise Musings On The Promenade Deck - Cruise Line Blog: […] Treadwell and Tenny on 01/02/2017 in Cru...
- Rob: The excursions I have most enjoyed were relatively...
- Luxury Caribbean Cruises In 2017 - Cruise Line Blog: […] For more information on the best time to...
- Danielle Fear: Hi Susan! It can take over 1 hour to get from Heat...
- susan mattson: how far is heathrow airport? what is the best and...