5 great cruise destinations guaranteed to give a great first impression We are conditioned to mass air travel these days. Every minute of the day, a plane lands at a major airport such as JFK. Except for the flight controller and the pilot, nobody bats an eyelid at the sight. And yet, some cities are […]
Tag Archives | Cruise Destinations
Myanmar – a great cruise destination for 2013 Of all the must see cruise destinations for 2013, Myanmar has got to be right up at the top. The country is slowly opening up to western tourists after decades of brutal military rule. It is, quite simply, a rare, largely unpolished gem to explore. You’ll find […]
P&O Cruises – Oriana cruise ship review David George secures a late deal with P&O Cruises to Jordan via Suez . . . With cruise companies competing to sell their unsold staterooms, there are some mouthwatering deals on offer during the countdown to departure and last month I decided to track one down. P&O Cruises […]
If you’re reading this blog then the chances are you don’t need any persuading that spending time on a cruise is a great choice of holiday. However, if you’re undecided as to whether sailing the seas really is for you, then let Anthony Nicholas help you out with his 10 great reasons to cruise in […]
Cruises that sail over the New Year period, much like those that coincide with Christmas, are an extremely popular choice for many cruise enthusiasts. They represent a great opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones during a special occasion and the nature of cruising means that there’s also plenty of scope to make […]
SeaDream II Review – by Robin Maclear The first SeaDream ship was launched nearly 30 years ago in 1984 with SeaDream II being launched the following year. During this time these two small boutique ships have developed something of a cult following, while remaining arguably the best kept secret in the cruise business. As a […]
Respected cruise writer Anthony Nicolas recently took some time out to tell us why cruises to Norway are growing in popularity… For lovers of nature and serial romantics, Norway is hard to beat as a cruise destination. More than twelve thousand miles of stunning, indented coastline is backed by ranges of jagged mountains, their peaks […]
5 things to enhance your stay in Rio on a cruise holiday Rio de Janeiro. Just say it. The very name sounds seductive. It conjures up the most exotic and alluring visions. The entire city is nothing less than a sultry, samba fuelled colossus, set against a spectacular bay. What isn’t to love? But Rio […]
One day in Rio de Janiero only allows you to scrape the surface of what is one of the most stunningly picturesque cities on earth. All the more reason, then, to dive straight in and get an unforgettable overview of the ‘greatest hits’ of this sultry, swaggering city by the sea. If you have a head […]
In an attempt to escape the UK’s cold winter weather I decided to book a trip to Southern India. As my departure date grew ever closer I got the distinct feeling that India really is a destination that polarises opinion; some people love the idea of having a holiday there, whilst others absolutely hate it. […]
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- The Wonders of Norway 31/08/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...