Built in 1989, Silver Explorer has been in operation for nearly 30 years, during which time she has established herself as as one of the world’s leading expedition-orientated cruise ships. As one of the UK’s top-selling agents for Silversea Expeditions, we’re often asked a variety of questions by our clients about Silver Explorer eager to […]
Tag Archives | Arctic Cruises
You can take a cruise to virtually every corner of the earth now, but some regions of our wonderful planet stand out more than others – these are our top cruise destinations in 2016. Asia & The Indian Ocean Luxury cruises to Asia were once reserved for sections of world cruises, but as our tastes and desires […]
The steamer, DS Vesteraalen marked the beginning of the birth of Hurtigruten in 1893, as she offered a regular service along the Norwegian coast. 120 years later and Hurtigruten is at the top of its game – with 11 ships offering voyages to some superb destinations, including Greenland, Antarctica, Iceland and of course, Norway. Hurtigruten […]
Journey to some of the most remote regions on earth with Silversea Expeditions. A voyage with Silversea Expeditions offers everything that you would expect from Silversea Cruises, superb accommodation, fine-dining and modern facilities, but with a much greater focus on destination immersion and discovery than you would normally encounter on a traditional luxury cruise holiday. […]
Jos Dewing explores the world’s greatest journeys by ship If you’ve ever considered Antarctica as a holiday or travel destination, you’ll no doubt have noticed the standard travel company depiction. An over-emphasis on the remote nature of the place, the “end of the world” concept and the wilderness angle. Often, the views of a few […]
As Director of Expeditions for Silversea Expeditions, Conrad Combrink surely has one of the most enviable jobs in the cruise industry. Not only does he have the opportunity to explore some of the world’s most captivatingly beautiful regions first-hand, but he gets to use these experiences to design and plan itineraries for Silversea’s guests to […]
2012 began with NASA predicting that it was to be the best year for seeing the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis as they’re also known). Now that the end of the year is fast approaching, you might feel you’ve missed your chance to witness nature’s finest light show but this isn’t necessarily the case – especially if you’re already […]
Respected cruise writer Anthony Nicolas recently took some time out to tell us why cruises to Norway are growing in popularity… For lovers of nature and serial romantics, Norway is hard to beat as a cruise destination. More than twelve thousand miles of stunning, indented coastline is backed by ranges of jagged mountains, their peaks […]
Unless you’ve actually been in one of the Polar Regions for the past three weeks, then no doubt you’ll be aware of the BBC’s latest nature documentary series, Frozen Planet. Narrated by the legendary David Attenborough, this brilliantly crafted series has captured the imagination of millions, bringing to life the vast expanses of the Arctic […]
- Enjoying The Luxury Gap 17/08/2017
- Cruising’s Most Splendid Day 10/08/2017
- How About A ‘Virtual Cruise’? 03/08/2017
- Around The World In Days, And Days, And Days! 27/07/2017
- Silver Explorer FAQ 25/07/2017
- You Know Who Does Classic Cruising? Disney Does Classic Cruising 20/07/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...