You can take a cruise to virtually every corner of the earth now, but some regions of our wonderful planet stand out more than others – these are our top cruise destinations in 2016. Asia & The Indian Ocean Luxury cruises to Asia were once reserved for sections of world cruises, but as our tastes and desires […]
Tag Archives | Arctic Cruises
The steamer, DS Vesteraalen marked the beginning of the birth of Hurtigruten in 1893, as she offered a regular service along the Norwegian coast. 120 years later and Hurtigruten is at the top of its game – with 11 ships offering voyages to some superb destinations, including Greenland, Antarctica, Iceland and of course, Norway. Hurtigruten […]
Journey to some of the most remote regions on earth with Silversea Expeditions. A voyage with Silversea Expeditions offers everything that you would expect from Silversea Cruises, superb accommodation, fine-dining and modern facilities, but with a much greater focus on destination immersion and discovery than you would normally encounter on a traditional luxury cruise holiday. […]
Jos Dewing explores the world’s greatest journeys by ship If you’ve ever considered Antarctica as a holiday or travel destination, you’ll no doubt have noticed the standard travel company depiction. An over-emphasis on the remote nature of the place, the “end of the world” concept and the wilderness angle. Often, the views of a few […]
As Director of Expeditions for Silversea Expeditions, Conrad Combrink surely has one of the most enviable jobs in the cruise industry. Not only does he have the opportunity to explore some of the world’s most captivatingly beautiful regions first-hand, but he gets to use these experiences to design and plan itineraries for Silversea’s guests to […]
2012 began with NASA predicting that it was to be the best year for seeing the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis as they’re also known). Now that the end of the year is fast approaching, you might feel you’ve missed your chance to witness nature’s finest light show but this isn’t necessarily the case – especially if you’re already […]
Respected cruise writer Anthony Nicolas recently took some time out to tell us why cruises to Norway are growing in popularity… For lovers of nature and serial romantics, Norway is hard to beat as a cruise destination. More than twelve thousand miles of stunning, indented coastline is backed by ranges of jagged mountains, their peaks […]
Unless you’ve actually been in one of the Polar Regions for the past three weeks, then no doubt you’ll be aware of the BBC’s latest nature documentary series, Frozen Planet. Narrated by the legendary David Attenborough, this brilliantly crafted series has captured the imagination of millions, bringing to life the vast expanses of the Arctic […]
- A Good Time In Bad Weather 22/06/2017
- It’s A Ship Jim, But Not As We Know It 16/06/2017
- Cocktails: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 08/06/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Cruising The Iron Gates 31/05/2017
- Over The Yardarm: Istanbul 25/05/2017
- Seabourn Cruises To Australia And New Zealand 23/05/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...
- Vera: I think Tenny should remember how old he is. No s...
- Treadwell & Tenny: The very same, darling. Definitely our trademark :...
- Scott Anderson: Treadwell & Tenny? Like from Ship of Fools mov...
- Over The Yardarm: Cruise Musings On The Promenade Deck - Cruise Line Blog: […] Treadwell and Tenny on 01/02/2017 in Cru...