One of a pair of nearly identical sister ships, the Amsterdam is a deft, delightfully decorated blend of the best of modern comforts and amenities and the most welcoming of old style Dutch hospitality. She sails quite literally the world over on a series of exotic odysseys that take her to all four corners of the globe.
Amsterdam is classed as a mid-sized cruise ship at approx. 63,000 tons. Some 780 feet long, she carries some 1,380 passengers who are catered for by a crew of 615. The levels of gracious service offered by the Indonesian and Filipino service staff aboard Holland America line ships is, quite rightly, the stuff of legend.
Amsterdam boasts some very large cabins and suites, with even the smallest insides coming in at a generous 182 sq. ft. Like all of her fleet mates, she is sumptuously decorated, with her beautiful public rooms adorned by elegant works of art that reflect the company’s almost matchless seagoing heritage, together with many valuable paintings.
Staunch and graceful, Amsterdam has a pair of upright twin funnels that emphasise her pedigree and sheer elegance to perfection. Ideally suited for the longer voyages she undertakes, the Amsterdam offers a rich return in terms of style and adventure for those fortunate enough to sail aboard her.
Amsterdam has accommodation ranging from inside cabins to suites ranging across some twenty-five grades, as outlined below. All come with shower, WC, telephone and DVD player with flat screen television.
- Grade N and NN are standard insides with twin beds that convert to queen
- Grades I, J, K, L, M and MM are large insides that have twins that convert to queen size bed. From 182 sq. ft
- Ocean view cabins. With facilities as above, from 182 sq. ft. Grades C (not all), D, DA, DD (not all) E, EE, F and FF have full ocean views through windows. Some grade C, DD and HH have only partial or obstructed views. Grades G and H have portholes instead of windows.
- Veranda cabins. Four grades. As above but with larger sitting area, mini bar, fridge and furnished balcony. Around 292 sq. ft
- Deluxe grades SA and SB. Around 556 sq. ft with large veranda, whirlpool bath and king size bed.
- Grade PS- 1,159 feet with large sitting and entertainment area plus expansive private balcony.
- Large, two story forward facing theatre for lavish, Broadway style production shows
- Numerous bars and lounges featuring different styles of pre and after dinner music, including beautiful Crow’s Nest observation lounge, and the Hudson Room.
- Casino until the early morning hours
Amsterdam Features & Facilities
- Two pools (one with retractable sliding roof) and two whirlpools
- Large, upper deck fitness centre with treatment rooms
- Sauna and massage facilities
- Elegant, two tier main dining room for breakfast, lunch and two sitting dinner each evening
- Exclusive Pinnacle Grill for upscale dining each evening at a small surcharge
- Indoor/outdoor lido restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks
- Wajang theatre and culinary arts centre for movies and in house cooking demonstrations
- Library and internet facilities
- Shopping gallery
- Art gallery
- Practice tennis and outdoor basketball courts
- Explorations café
- Private concierge lounge for passengers in accommodation designated as suites
|25 Jun 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|2 Jul 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|3 Jul 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|9 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|
|16 Jul 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|
|17 Jul 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|23 Jul 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|31 Jul 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|6 Aug 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|
|13 Aug 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|
|14 Aug 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|20 Aug 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|28 Aug 2017||Great Land Explorer||14 days||Amsterdam|
|3 Sep 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|
|10 Sep 2017||Roundtrip Seattle||7 days||Amsterdam|