After Windstar Cruises launched their first-ever winter cruise season in the Meditteranean this year, the cruise line decided to keep the Star Legend sailing in the region for another winter season, according to a press release.
Winter Mediterranean itineraries
Due to the demand increasing for Winter Mediterranean sailings, Windstar Cruises will be launching five brand new itineraries for 2025, including event sailings and special holidays.
Windstar’s Cheif Commercial Officer, Janet Bava, said, “On our inaugural sailing in December, every single travel advisor and guest on board told me ‘this is genius’ as we enjoyed the sunny weather of Europe’s most walkable cities when few cruise lines sail Europe’s oceans,”
“Our biggest learning from this winter’s season was we were limited by the possibilities and experiences we could offer with just the one itinerary – from Rome to Barcelona and the reverse and we have responded to that with a variety of new itineraries for our guests to enjoy the Mediterranean’s most storied destinations in the winter.”
The following are the new Windstar itineraries:
- ‘Winter Italy and the Dalmatian Coast‘ journey is departing on five dates from 2024 to 2025. Departing from Rome, explore Naples, Taormina, and overnight in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Enjoy a full day in Zadar before concluding with an overnight stay in Venice.
- The ‘Europe Winter Riviera‘ voyage offers eight different departure dates. You’ll set sail from Rome, exploring Livorno (Italy), followed by a whole day in Genoa and Nice before ending with an overnight stay onboard in Barcelona.
- An eight-day ‘Winter in Italy and the Adriatic‘ cruise only sailing once departs from Athens and sails through the Corinth Canal to Itea (Delphi) before reaching Corfu. From there, Star Legend will sail to Crotone (Italy), followed by an overnight stay in Taormina (Sicily) before a day in Naples and ending in Rome.
- ‘Southern Spain Winter Escapes‘ voyages, which is a roundtrip from Barcelona with four different departure dates. The various ports of call include Valencia, Cartagena, Malaga, Gibraltar, and Palma before sailing back to Barcelona.
- An eight-day ‘Winter in Croatia and Greece‘ journey will depart from Venice to Athens on March 26, 2025. This voyage will call at Koper, Slovenia; Zadar and Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Delphi, Greece; and the Corinth Canal transit.