Yes, it’s that time of year already when we’re looking at leftover turkey, stale mince pies, a bottle of cheap wine that we’re never likely to drink (but which our beer-drinking neighbours thought was “nice to look at”), the remains of a tin of Quality Street with just the godawful toffees left, plus all the […]
Tag Archives | Small Ship Cruises
We’ve reported this year on small cruise line takeovers by the big boys (Royal Caribbean & Silversea), big ships that are just plain ugly (Norwegian Cruise Line, and others), and when big is just TOO big (last week’s missive centred on MSC’s newest) in cruising terms. So we thought it was time to redress the […]
The expedition cruise scene has been undergoing a radical change in the past 10 years. Once the preserve of clunky, basic, no-frills ships, the adventuring side of cruising has enjoyed a massive shot in the arm from new tonnage like Silversea’s, Celebrity’s and Ponant’s. Even some of the mainstream lines, such as Crystal, Seabourn and […]
The Galapagos Islands have become a relatively recent fixture on many discerning travellers’ bucket-list. The captivating mixture of incredible wildlife, rugged landscapes and lack of human impact gives the region an air of being truly remote and utterly thrilling to explore. The islands location, situated roughly 880 miles off Ecuador’s western coastline and geography mean […]
Paul Gauguin Cruises offers voyages to various parts of our world, including the Mediterranean, but for many it’s the lines tropical itineraries that capture their hearts: Imagine dipping your toes in crystal clear waters, running warm, golden sand through your fingertips and looking beneath the ripple on the surface to find tropical fish for as far as […]
Silversea Cruises fleet of 8 small ships were purposely designed for those who wish to discover the world while indulging in the comfort and luxury that comes with five-star travel. All staterooms aboard are ocean-view and the majority offer a butler service and private balcony. Culinary experiences are of the highest standard and guests can […]
Un-Cruise Adventures began life in 1997 as American Safari Cruises and pioneered yachting cruising in Alaska. In 2011 InnerSea Discoveries enjoyed an inaugural season of expedition style exploration of Southeast Alaska’s Inside Passage and in January 2013 the company officially became known as Un-Cruise Adventures. Un-Cruise Adventures are a cruise line like no other, born […]
The Cruise Line Managing Director, Jos Dewing, travelled to Singapore for the christening of Silversea’s latest addition to the fleet, the 5,218-tonne Silver Discoverer. In April, 2014, Silver Discoverer, the third expedition ship from ultra-luxury pioneer Silversea Cruises will set sail on its maiden voyage to Western Australia and the Northern Territory. I’m going to […]
Five amazing luxury cruises with Regent Seven Seas in 2015 To celebrate the launch of the 2014/15 Regent Seven Seas cruise collection we have hand-picked five cruises that we feel offer something a little more adventurous and extravagant. Seven Seas Voyager – Indian Odyssey Cruise Departing on November 21 2014, Seven Seas Voyager shall sail […]
Today we welcome guest blogger, Anthony Nicholas to The Cruise Line blog as he shares with us his recent supreme voyage with Silversea Cruises. Starting in Stockholm aboard Silver Whisper, Anthony’s seven day Baltic itinerary included Copenhagen via Tallinn, St Petersburg, where he spent three days, followed by a call to Helsinki before disembarking in […]
- Silver Shadow Renovation: When Silver Becomes Gold 16/05/2019
- Anatomy Of A Cruise 09/05/2019
- Crystal Conjure Up Some Grand Adventures 02/05/2019
- Eight Dining Delights On A Mediterranean Cruise 25/04/2019
- Cruise, Cruise, Glorious Cruise 18/04/2019
- This Year’s Top Alaskan Adventure Cruises 11/04/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...