Simon and Susan are away this week (somewhere in the wilds of Michigan, we think; we know there are lakes there, so hopefully they are still getting their cruise on), hence we have been asked to take over the weekly blog with something suitable (amidst various caveats about sticking to the topic, not wandering off […]
Tag Archives | Silversea Cruises
The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear recently returned from celebrating 10 years of Silversea Expeditions on Silver Cloud… I recently spent two days aboard Silversea Expeditions’ newly-renovated Silver Cloud. The occasion, which was attended by many old friends and clients, was to mark Silversea’s 10 year anniversary as the pioneers of luxury expedition cruising. […]
Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
It was the bally butler that did it. There we were, sticking rigidly to the old Doctor’s Orders with our diet, and along comes our stateroom butler with daily hors d’oeuvres and suddenly everything’s gone to hell in a canapé basket. We should have expected it, of course. It’s all very well having the MO […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Anyone who followed our extensive Silver Muse ‘Live’ presentation for The Cruise Line last month will already know that we loved our time aboard the Silversea flagship. It more than lived up to expectations, and gave us one of our best luxury cruises anywhere. But we thought it would be […]
Day Nine: Cruise Log | Key West, Florida If there is one place in the world that is epitomised by the word ‘eclectic,’ it is Key West at the very southern tip of Florida. This bustling tourist centre that is just 105 miles from Havana revels in its idiosyncratic, even bizarre, nature, and it makes […]
Day Eight: Cruise Log | At Sea We’re on our penultimate day and it’s the ideal time to relax and reflect, to enjoy the ship’s glittering array of amenities and look back on seven superb days so far. Having a full day to luxuriate in the delights of our peripatetic home, we have been able […]
Day Seven: Cruise Log | Snorkelling & Kayaking in Roatan, Honduras It just has to be one of the most blissful experiences in the world. Sitting on our balcony watching the Caribbean roll past at a steady 15 knots, that is. At least, that’s our thought process this afternoon, as we make our way from […]
Cruise log – Santo Tomas, Guatemala.- Suddenly, the topography of our voyage has changed, significantly. From the more obvious Caribbean look and vibe of the likes of Cozumel and Belize, we are now in the heart of Central America, a region of rainforest, mists and wildlife. Our gorgeous travelling home has brought us to Guatemala […]
Cruise log – Belize City, Belize.- For our third port day in a row, we sailed into the fascinating former British colony of Belize, one of the most unusual countries in Central America, on another beautiful day in the Western Caribbean Sea. Formerly British Honduras, Belize is the only country in the region where English […]
- Why Alaska Should Be On Your Cruise Radar 12/07/2018
- Seabourn Take The Expedition Route 04/07/2018
- Ten Things We Loved About Wind Surf 28/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Seven: Le Lavandou 20/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Six: St Tropez 19/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Five: Monte Carlo 18/06/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...