Colour us slightly biased, but when Silversea Cruises unveiled the latest videos for their forthcoming new ship Silver Moon this month, we were already eager to see and hear more about this latest exemplar of cruising’s most distinguished luxury line. Having spent a fair bit of time aboard the trail-blazing Silver Muse not too long ago, we […]
Tag Archives | Silversea Cruises
By Simon & Susan Veness We are often asked about our favourite cruise line, or our “best ever” cruise, and it’s always a difficult one to answer objectively (especially after more than 100 voyages, from South Africa to Alaska!). It’s always tempting to say that our preferred cruise is the next one, such is […]
By Simon and Susan Veness It’s undoubtedly true to say that there are always good reasons to take a cruise, but the start of a new decade is definitely a time to take stock, look ahead and anticipate some exciting developments in the maritime world. The past 10 years have seen steady growth in cruising in […]
Okay, so we are only a few days away from Saint Nick’s annual ramble around the world and the night children look forward to pretty much all year, but how about the cruise world? What Christmas presents would it like if Pere Noel delivered his goods to businesses? You can be sure it would wish, […]
Imagine our disgust. There we were enjoying our usual breakfast of a hard-boiled egg and kippers (for him) and a croissant with Harrods marmalade (her), when up popped a message in our Inbox marked ‘British Travel Awards Winners!’ We thought a little gentle information would help the digestion, but what we saw was enough to […]
This week, Simon and Susan Veness take a look at what Ponant’s recent acquisition of Paul Gauguin Cruises means for those looking to cruise the South Pacific and French Polynesia in the future. This is one of those stories that starts, “In the beginning,” because there is a distinct origination point to this particular tale, […]
When it comes to maritime celebrations, there are plenty to choose from. The obvious one to highlight is the famous Crossing The Line ceremony for passengers on any ship passing across the equator. Equally, Christmas is a great time to be at sea, with every vessel breaking out its festive finery for a truly nautical […]
If there is one subject that has caused the cruise world most angst and recrimination in recent years, it is the G-word (or the T-word, if you prefer ‘tips’ to ‘gratuities’). This thorny issue rears its head periodically as it does the rounds on social media, and, occasionally, in the national press. At face value […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Here at Veness Towers, we like to look ahead as much as possible, partly because looking back gives us a crick in the neck but also because we hate to see how much of the year has already passed (especially as the Christmas adverts are already on TV). It’s a […]
Okay, we couldn’t let this one pass without comment. As much as we agree with our good friends (and proper journalists) Susan and Simon on most things, their blog about the Top 10 Alternative Dining options at sea cannot pass without comment. Not by us, anyway. Now, don’t get us wrong. We are all for […]
- SeaDream Cocktail Event 08/02/2021
- New Silver Moon Rising! 30/11/2020
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...