It was the bally butler that did it. There we were, sticking rigidly to the old Doctor’s Orders with our diet, and along comes our stateroom butler with daily hors d’oeuvres and suddenly everything’s gone to hell in a canapé basket. We should have expected it, of course. It’s all very well having the MO […]
Tag Archives | Silversea Cruises
By Simon & Susan Veness Anyone who followed our extensive Silver Muse ‘Live’ presentation for The Cruise Line last month will already know that we loved our time aboard the Silversea flagship. It more than lived up to expectations, and gave us one of our best luxury cruises anywhere. But we thought it would be […]
Day Nine: Cruise Log | Key West, Florida If there is one place in the world that is epitomised by the word ‘eclectic,’ it is Key West at the very southern tip of Florida. This bustling tourist centre that is just 105 miles from Havana revels in its idiosyncratic, even bizarre, nature, and it makes […]
Day Eight: Cruise Log | At Sea We’re on our penultimate day and it’s the ideal time to relax and reflect, to enjoy the ship’s glittering array of amenities and look back on seven superb days so far. Having a full day to luxuriate in the delights of our peripatetic home, we have been able […]
Day Seven: Cruise Log | Snorkelling & Kayaking in Roatan, Honduras It just has to be one of the most blissful experiences in the world. Sitting on our balcony watching the Caribbean roll past at a steady 15 knots, that is. At least, that’s our thought process this afternoon, as we make our way from […]
Cruise log – Santo Tomas, Guatemala.- Suddenly, the topography of our voyage has changed, significantly. From the more obvious Caribbean look and vibe of the likes of Cozumel and Belize, we are now in the heart of Central America, a region of rainforest, mists and wildlife. Our gorgeous travelling home has brought us to Guatemala […]
Cruise log – Belize City, Belize.- For our third port day in a row, we sailed into the fascinating former British colony of Belize, one of the most unusual countries in Central America, on another beautiful day in the Western Caribbean Sea. Formerly British Honduras, Belize is the only country in the region where English […]
Day Four: Cruise Log – Costa Maya, Quintana Roo (Mexico) Another day in the Caribbean, another glorious panoramic vista. Welcome to Costa Maya, a purpose-built cruise port facility that is, technically, a region in the south-east corner of the Yucatan peninsula (about 200km south of the island of Cozumel) but is actually an all-new creation that […]
I was lucky enough to be invited by Silversea to Palermo in Sicily to see the lengthening of the Silver Spirit. We took a direct flight with BA from Heathrow to Palermo and were transferred to our hotel – Villa Igiea. Restored at the end of the 19th Century this beautiful hotel still has many […]
Day Two: Cruise Log | At Sea If there is an essence of the true ocean-going indulgence of a cruise, then it is a sea day, that chance to genuinely slow down and take advantage of the all-out pleasure of being far from land, with nothing to do but enjoy yourself among the facilities and […]
- Cruise Myths & Misconceptions 24/05/2018
- The Return of the QE2! 17/05/2018
- Old Man River Is New Again 10/05/2018
- First Review of Seabourn Ovation 08/05/2018
- A Guide To Cruising Australia 03/05/2018
- No Buts, It’s Got To Be Butler 27/04/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...