They say anticipation is the greater part of pleasure; that expectations are at least half the fun; anticipation is the very soul of enjoyment. ‘They,’ of course, are wrong. At least when it comes to cruising. Hopelessly, ridiculously, laughably wrong. Anticipating a cruise holiday is certainly wonderful. It means that you have it all booked […]
Tag Archives | Shore Excursions
Day Seven: Cruise Log | Snorkelling & Kayaking in Roatan, Honduras It just has to be one of the most blissful experiences in the world. Sitting on our balcony watching the Caribbean roll past at a steady 15 knots, that is. At least, that’s our thought process this afternoon, as we make our way from […]
By Simon & Susan Veness A Roman martyr first created the famous heartfelt signature of love. Geoffrey Chaucer made it popular in the 14th century. And the tradition really took off in 18th century Britain with the addition of flowers, confectionery and greeting cards. We refer, of course, to Valentine’s Day – or the Feast […]
The Wonders of Norway Most people think that cruising is a relatively modern phenomenon. Dear old P&O Cruises claim to have kicked things off a recently as 1844, while the great ocean-going fleets of White Star Line, Cunard, Hamburg-America Line, Norddeutscher Lloyd and Inman Line burgeoned in the first half of the 20th century, closely […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
There are few places in this world that have the charm and intrigue that Alaska offers us. Discover incredible places such as Denali National Park, Glacier Bay and Canada’s Yukon Territory on a unforgettable voyage. This is Alaska with Holland America Line. Discover Alaska with Holland America Line Alaska, where glaciers flow into the sea, […]
In April, our Marketing Manager Debbie enjoyed a wonderful trip from Bergen with Hurtigruten and this is how she got on… After a short flight with Norwegian Air from Gatwick to Bergen, we were warmly greeted by the Hurtigruten team and swiftly transferred by coach on a tour of Troldhaugen, the former home of classical composer […]
Alaska is one of the most popular cruise destinations in the world, so it’s not surprising that one of the most luxurious cruise lines in the world sails there. Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers a superb selection of Alaska voyages, all of which include shore excursions as part of the fare price, and there is […]
You are unlikely to find another vessel on earth that is as unique and luxurious as Zambezi Queen, she is in a category all her own and offers stunning wildlife voyages deep in the heart of Africa. Built in the 1990’s, Zambezi Queen originally carried guests on an extended journey from Katima Mulilo down the […]
Embark on a journey with a unique difference in 2016, as you discover a land of mountain wildernesses, glacial glens and lochs, on a journey through the UK’s northernmost country, Scotland. Hebridean Island Cruises sail just one vessel, Hebridean Princess and they sail her to some superb locations – she has even been chartered by […]
- Are Cruise Ships Bad For the Environment? 15/10/2018
- Crystal’s Crown Jewel Takes Shape 10/10/2018
- Who Invented Cruise Ships? 01/10/2018
- A Saintly Surprise (or, How We Got St Tropez Completely Wrong) 20/09/2018
- Five Small-Ship Lines You Need To Know About 11/09/2018
- Cruise Ships: When is Big TOO Big? 06/09/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...