By Simon & Susan Veness A Roman martyr first created the famous heartfelt signature of love. Geoffrey Chaucer made it popular in the 14th century. And the tradition really took off in 18th century Britain with the addition of flowers, confectionery and greeting cards. We refer, of course, to Valentine’s Day – or the Feast […]
Tag Archives | Shore Excursions
The Wonders of Norway Most people think that cruising is a relatively modern phenomenon. Dear old P&O Cruises claim to have kicked things off a recently as 1844, while the great ocean-going fleets of White Star Line, Cunard, Hamburg-America Line, Norddeutscher Lloyd and Inman Line burgeoned in the first half of the 20th century, closely […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
There are few places in this world that have the charm and intrigue that Alaska offers us. Discover incredible places such as Denali National Park, Glacier Bay and Canada’s Yukon Territory on a unforgettable voyage. This is Alaska with Holland America Line. Discover Alaska with Holland America Line Alaska, where glaciers flow into the sea, […]
In April, our Marketing Manager Debbie enjoyed a wonderful trip from Bergen with Hurtigruten and this is how she got on… After a short flight with Norwegian Air from Gatwick to Bergen, we were warmly greeted by the Hurtigruten team and swiftly transferred by coach on a tour of Troldhaugen, the former home of classical composer […]
Alaska is one of the most popular cruise destinations in the world, so it’s not surprising that one of the most luxurious cruise lines in the world sails there. Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers a superb selection of Alaska voyages, all of which include shore excursions as part of the fare price, and there is […]
You are unlikely to find another vessel on earth that is as unique and luxurious as Zambezi Queen, she is in a category all her own and offers stunning wildlife voyages deep in the heart of Africa. Built in the 1990’s, Zambezi Queen originally carried guests on an extended journey from Katima Mulilo down the […]
Embark on a journey with a unique difference in 2016, as you discover a land of mountain wildernesses, glacial glens and lochs, on a journey through the UK’s northernmost country, Scotland. Hebridean Island Cruises sail just one vessel, Hebridean Princess and they sail her to some superb locations – she has even been chartered by […]
Paul Gauguin Cruises offers voyages to various parts of our world, including the Mediterranean, but for many it’s the lines tropical itineraries that capture their hearts: Imagine dipping your toes in crystal clear waters, running warm, golden sand through your fingertips and looking beneath the ripple on the surface to find tropical fish for as far as […]
Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner in the world that offers a regular service between Southampton and New York City. It is an iconic route steeped in hundreds of years of history and one that to this day still remains a popular form of travel between the U.K. and the U.S.A. As this is […]
- The Ugly File 16/02/2018
- Cruising’s Top Valentine Hot-Spots 12/02/2018
- Our Top Five Sporting Cruises 31/01/2018
- We Resolve To Do More Cruising 26/01/2018
- Five Reasons To Love That Windstar Style 19/01/2018
- Expedition Cruises Are The New Black 11/01/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...