By Simon & Susan Veness We all know that cruise ships have increased in size in the last 20 years or so, dramatically in many cases. Where 100,000 tons was once considered gargantuan, it is now merely ‘mid-size’ to some cruise lines. This point came home loud and clear this week as the busy Meyer […]
Tag Archives | Seabourn Cruises
It’s a common enough phrase, and it’s increasingly in usage in the travel business. “It’s a small world,” has applied ever since Mr Boeing and his jet-plane friends sent ever-larger numbers of people flying around the world with greater and greater rapidity. The world has, indeed, become distinctly ‘small’ in many senses as travel has […]
Simon and Susan are away this week (somewhere in the wilds of Michigan, we think; we know there are lakes there, so hopefully they are still getting their cruise on), hence we have been asked to take over the weekly blog with something suitable (amidst various caveats about sticking to the topic, not wandering off […]
Suddenly, it’s the hot ticket in Cruise Town. We’ve seen it develop steadily in the past 15 years, but now expedition cruising is taking off like one of Elon Musk’s Falcon Heavy rockets at the Kennedy Space Center. Originally, there were companies like Lindblad Travel in the US (1966), Canada’s G Adventures (1990), Seattle-based Quark […]
Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Shuffleboard and deck quoits have largely been consigned to the dustbin of history in cruising terms – very sadly for those (like us!) who still remember keen ocean-going tournaments that enlivened long, languid sea days in the past. True, a few lines do still maintain these venerable maritime traditions, providing […]
Cruising’s remarkable upward trend hits a new high in 2018 when there are no less than sixteen new cruise ships set to make their ocean-going debut, at a total value of a record $8.4billion. That figure of sixteen is remarkable enough on its own, while the $8.4b figure is also eye-catching as it improves on […]
Our Luxury Cruise Collection is back and packed with amazing offers from some of the world’s best and most luxurious cruise lines. Our April collection showcases the best luxury voyages departing throughout the rest of this year plus 2016 cruise highlights, including new voyages on not one, but three new ships: Oceania Sirena, Seven Seas […]
Seabourn, the award-winning, ultra-luxury cruise line, has unveiled the names of its two new luxury cruise ships, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation – the first will launch in late 2016 and the second by the spring of 2018. Both vessels will reflect the build and style of their sisters, Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Quest and Seabourn […]
There was a time when you returned from your journey with a trinket to remind you of some particular place in the world that you had visited. A permanent physical reminder of a once in a lifetime trip, a special anniversary or maybe a place that simply stole your heart. Yet there are some moments […]
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- Crystal Ravel Review 16/11/2018
- Six Cool Themed Cruises For 2019 16/11/2018
- The Evolution of Crystal’s Luxury Style 08/11/2018
- The Best Time To Cruise the Caribbean (PS: It’s Soon!) 30/10/2018
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Cruising 23/10/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...