We’ve been challenged this week. Not in any physical sense, you understand, just questioned in a fairly polite manner. It goes something like this – if Virgin Voyages are all about cruising for adults only, what other cruise lines offer specific features and amenities just for couples? And it is a good question. Not all […]
Tag Archives | river cruises
Imagine our disgust. There we were enjoying our usual breakfast of a hard-boiled egg and kippers (for him) and a croissant with Harrods marmalade (her), when up popped a message in our Inbox marked ‘British Travel Awards Winners!’ We thought a little gentle information would help the digestion, but what we saw was enough to […]
Apparently, some of you thought we left you hanging in last week’s blog. You remember, the one about Five Reasons To Book A Cruise This Year, which concluded with River Cruising, and how many new ships were on offer in 2019. Apparently, some quick-witted readers felt it wasn’t enough, that it was a mere appetizer […]
By Simon & Susan Veness It’s no secret that we think cruising is the best holiday anyone can take. We have been devoted to the idea of sea-going sabbaticals ever since Simon first set foot on a ship back in 1969, when his family sailed from Durban to Southampton on the old SA Vaal of […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Regular cruisers will have heard it all before. “Why would you want to go cruising? It’s just for old fogeys; it’s dull and dreary; I don’t want to be cooped up; who wants to get sea-sick?” etc, etc, etc. From time immemorial, or, at least, ever since someone first had […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
A Mekong River Cruise, there’s no other journey in the world quite like it. Both Vietnam and Cambodia offer lush, tropical greenery and a chance to discover some of South East Asia’s most incredible ancient cities, temples and natural wonders. If you are looking for a voyage with a difference in 2016 then this is certainly one […]
Embark on a River Cruise this summer and explore magnificent Europe with AmaWaterways – one of the world’s leading river cruise operators. Award-winning river cruise line AmaWaterways continues to lead the way in river cruising by providing innovative luxurious ship designs featuring step-out and French balconies, premium stateroom amenities and a warm, personalised service. You […]
When people think about cruising they automatically visualise a large, ocean going vessel that has space aboard for upwards of 500-people, but not all cruises are on the ocean – there are some rather splendid river options available too! AmaWaterways is one the world’s best luxury river cruise lines and their itinerary’s and vessels are […]
The beauty of Burma awaits – explore Myanmar with Ama Waterways in 2014 In November 2014 Ama Waterways will be launching a new river cruise programme aboard a brand new ship on Myanmar’s Ayeyarwady River and I wanted to tell you a little more about it in today’s blog. The Ayeyarwady River or Irrawaddy River […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...
- Stephen palmer: We are new to cruising have cruised with celebrit...
- David Smith: Hello Lesley! Yes, as a business, Voyages to Antiq...
- David Smith: It's been a very busy year - 2020 is shaping up t...