By Simon & Susan Veness Regular cruisers will have heard it all before. “Why would you want to go cruising? It’s just for old fogeys; it’s dull and dreary; I don’t want to be cooped up; who wants to get sea-sick?” etc, etc, etc. From time immemorial, or, at least, ever since someone first had […]
Tag Archives | river cruises
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
A Mekong River Cruise, there’s no other journey in the world quite like it. Both Vietnam and Cambodia offer lush, tropical greenery and a chance to discover some of South East Asia’s most incredible ancient cities, temples and natural wonders. If you are looking for a voyage with a difference in 2016 then this is certainly one […]
Embark on a River Cruise this summer and explore magnificent Europe with AmaWaterways – one of the world’s leading river cruise operators. Award-winning river cruise line AmaWaterways continues to lead the way in river cruising by providing innovative luxurious ship designs featuring step-out and French balconies, premium stateroom amenities and a warm, personalised service. You […]
When people think about cruising they automatically visualise a large, ocean going vessel that has space aboard for upwards of 500-people, but not all cruises are on the ocean – there are some rather splendid river options available too! AmaWaterways is one the world’s best luxury river cruise lines and their itinerary’s and vessels are […]
The beauty of Burma awaits – explore Myanmar with Ama Waterways in 2014 In November 2014 Ama Waterways will be launching a new river cruise programme aboard a brand new ship on Myanmar’s Ayeyarwady River and I wanted to tell you a little more about it in today’s blog. The Ayeyarwady River or Irrawaddy River […]
Putting a cruise-related spin on a Christmas classic, we’ve put our heads together and come up with 12 great cruise itineraries for 2013 This week we wanted to do something slightly different and Christmas themed. Rather than just blast through a bunch of great festive destinations or recommended Christmas cruises, we decided to put a […]
This week we’ve gone a bit Hollywood with a look at 5 movies set on cruise ships. From cinematic classics to the slightly absurd we’ve tried to include something for everyone. Oh, and before anyone accuses us of leaving out what is probably the most famous cruise ship film of all time, we thought that including Titanic was perhaps a […]
- South Pacific Cruise Guide 16/08/2018
- A Silversea Takeover? Never Fear! 09/08/2018
- An Endeavor We Can Fully Support! 02/08/2018
- 5 Up-And-Coming Cruise Destinations 25/07/2018
- Best Cruises for First-timers 19/07/2018
- Why Alaska Should Be On Your Cruise Radar 12/07/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...