By Simon & Susan Veness We all know that cruise ships have increased in size in the last 20 years or so, dramatically in many cases. Where 100,000 tons was once considered gargantuan, it is now merely ‘mid-size’ to some cruise lines. This point came home loud and clear this week as the busy Meyer […]
Tag Archives | Queen Mary 2
We blame the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Ever since May 16, 1929, when they first started handing out little golden statues to the great and worthy of the film industry, other businesses have followed suit by creating their own ‘awards’ ceremonies. There are the ‘Oscars’ of Fashion; the ‘Oscars’ of the advertising […]
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 is the world’s only true ocean liner and encompassed in her graceful lines are fifteen restaurants and bars, five swimming pools, a full-sized theatre, a casino, and a world famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub®. She has the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, a 3D cinema, a planetarium – […]
Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner in the world that offers a regular service between Southampton and New York City. It is an iconic route steeped in hundreds of years of history and one that to this day still remains a popular form of travel between the U.K. and the U.S.A. As this is […]
Cunard Line Celebrates 175 Anniversary in Liverpool Cunard recently celebrated its 175th anniversary in Liverpool, it was quite an event and over one million people turned out to see the three Queens arrive and perform their ‘Riverdance’. In our blog today, we wanted to share with you some facts and figures from the event – […]
The thought of a world cruise with Cunard really does make me light up with excitement. Of course a world cruise with any line would be a thrilling adventure, but the idea of experiencing that adventure via an elegant and timeless vessel such as Queen Mary 2 is far more appealing to me. Picture the […]
Cruise Line MD, Jos Dewing imagines the world’s greatest journeys by ship I was fortunate enough recently to experience several nights on board the iconic ocean liner Queen Mary 2 and am keen to share some lucid thoughts and observations on what to me, remains one of the ultimate and ‘must do’ travel experiences, the transatlantic crossing! […]
Pets can go on cruises too with Cunard Line One thing a lot of us worry about when we consider travel, is leaving behind our beloved pets. Even on the most exclusive and luxurious of holidays they are always in the back of our minds. We wonder what they are doing, if they are coping […]
Following the news that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Editor are considering getting married aboard the Hebridean Island Princess, World of Cruising magazine editor Simon Veness looks at the long-standing relationship between celebrities and cruising. It shouldn’t really be any surprise that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have made enquiries about staging their celebrity wedding […]
The QM2 (or Queen Mary 2 as it’s formerly known) needs no introduction. It’s a stunning vessel; a modern day cruise line that amplifies Cunard’s rich history alongside the latest technological innovations. Built in 2003, the QM2 has a guest capacity of 2620 passengers and at 1132 feet in length is one of the grandest […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...