A Treadwell & Tenny Look Ahead to 2020 Back in our dim and distant youth, we fondly remember a cartoon featuring Tweety Pie and Sylvester where the hapless feline of the story was whisked aboard a ship and found himself at the mercy of some rough seas. Whenever he was in a position to make […]
Tag Archives | Ponant Cruises
This week, Simon and Susan Veness take a look at what Ponant’s recent acquisition of Paul Gauguin Cruises means for those looking to cruise the South Pacific and French Polynesia in the future. This is one of those stories that starts, “In the beginning,” because there is a distinct origination point to this particular tale, […]
When it comes to maritime celebrations, there are plenty to choose from. The obvious one to highlight is the famous Crossing The Line ceremony for passengers on any ship passing across the equator. Equally, Christmas is a great time to be at sea, with every vessel breaking out its festive finery for a truly nautical […]
There’s no business like cruise business, or so it seems these days, following this week’s announcement of the annual figures and yearly review from the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We’ve known it for more than 20 years, but the latest statistics still make for eye-catching reading, as they hint at ever-greater growth – in […]
Cruising’s remarkable upward trend hits a new high in 2018 when there are no less than sixteen new cruise ships set to make their ocean-going debut, at a total value of a record $8.4billion. That figure of sixteen is remarkable enough on its own, while the $8.4b figure is also eye-catching as it improves on […]
Ponant Cruises Journey to Alaska aboard L’Austral These images were captured recently during a cruise in Alaska – one of the very first Alaska cruises offered by French line Ponant Cruises – aboard L’Austral and they are absolutely incredible. They show perfectly what is so special about this part of our world and the abundance […]
Ponant offer some truly incredible voyages to various destinations across the world and one of those destinations is Antarctica. Antarctica is Earth’s southernmost continent, the fifth-largest continent in the world, and is situated in the Antarctic region of the Southern Hemisphere – it is also the coldest, driest and windiest continent in the world, but still it appeals to thousands of […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...
- Stephen palmer: We are new to cruising have cruised with celebrit...
- David Smith: Hello Lesley! Yes, as a business, Voyages to Antiq...
- David Smith: It's been a very busy year - 2020 is shaping up t...