The history of the Panama Canal is actually quite a long and complicated one, several countries got involved, construction would halt for years at a time and there were many issues with disease, particularly malaria, but eventually it was completed and officially opened in 1914. A crossing between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans had long […]
Tag Archives | Panama Canal
It has been said for many years that the ultimate highlight of cruising is when one embarks on a voyage that includes the Panama Canal. Having made a partial transit aboard P&O Cruises Oceana earlier this year I must say I have to agree. We entered the Gatun Locks just after sunrise and what a […]
- Saga Count On Their Spirit Of Discovery 12/07/2019
- The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship 04/07/2019
- Rock Star Cruising With Virgin? What A First Class Idea! 28/06/2019
- All Hail Celebrity Cruises’ Revolution! 21/06/2019
- Top 10 Reasons To Cruise From Barcelona 14/06/2019
- Best Cruises For Solo Travellers 06/06/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...