We were in St Tropez the other day. Yes, we know, that’s a beastly bit of name-dropping, but it isn’t quite what you think because it wasn’t quite what we think. Or thought. Or thought we thought. Let us clarify. Think St Tropez, and most folk normally conjure up glorious mental images of endless […]
Tag Archives | Luxury Cruise
It’s a common enough phrase, and it’s increasingly in usage in the travel business. “It’s a small world,” has applied ever since Mr Boeing and his jet-plane friends sent ever-larger numbers of people flying around the world with greater and greater rapidity. The world has, indeed, become distinctly ‘small’ in many senses as travel has […]
After a full week aboard Wind Surf, the gorgeous flagship of Windstar Cruises, it is only fair that we sum up the experience by highlighting our Top 10 aspects of this unique cruise vessel. It may be almost 30 years old, but Wind Surf provides a timeless definition of classic cruising, a refined, gracious and […]
Today we are in the uber-chic French seaside resort of St Tropez, the playground of celebs and wannabe-celebs worldwide. It is massively chic and wildly expensive, especially if you want to shop. It is also the perfect summer spot for a bit of idle wandering, stopping for a bite to eat (we recommend the […]
The last time we were in Monte Carlo, the doorman at the famous Casino took one look at us and declared, “Non.” Admittedly we were distinctly bedraggled and decidedly not dressed to impress, but we did expect at least to be able to peep inside the doors at the rich and famous gambling away the […]
DAY 1: Embarkation – Civitavecchia (Rome) You absolutely know you are on the right maritime track when your transfer brings you into port and your vessel sticks out from the cruise crowd in the same way that Michaelangelo differs from The Beano. Yes, there were other ships already docked in Civitavecchia, the port for Rome, […]
Day Nine: Cruise Log | Key West, Florida If there is one place in the world that is epitomised by the word ‘eclectic,’ it is Key West at the very southern tip of Florida. This bustling tourist centre that is just 105 miles from Havana revels in its idiosyncratic, even bizarre, nature, and it makes […]
Day Three: Cruise Log | Cozumel, Quintana Roo (Mexico) Arriving in our first port of call at 8am makes for a completely different cruise dynamic after the slow pace of our opening sea day. We could sense the crew raising their game and taking the tempo of the ship up several notches, with more considerations […]
We blame the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Ever since May 16, 1929, when they first started handing out little golden statues to the great and worthy of the film industry, other businesses have followed suit by creating their own ‘awards’ ceremonies. There are the ‘Oscars’ of Fashion; the ‘Oscars’ of the advertising […]
Cruising’s Most Splendid Day As our regular readers will know, Treadwell and Tenny are currently landbound, denied their usual ocean-going habitat by capricious circumstances that have confined us to T&T Towers for the immediate future, bereft of the whiff of ozone, marooned. We are therefore taking an alternative view of our favourite maritime status, looking […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...
- Stephen palmer: We are new to cruising have cruised with celebrit...
- David Smith: Hello Lesley! Yes, as a business, Voyages to Antiq...
- David Smith: It's been a very busy year - 2020 is shaping up t...