10th September 2019 marked another historic moment in the world of cruising as Dame Helen Mirren christened Scenic Eclipse. Claimed to be ‘The World’s First Discovery Yacht’, Scenic Eclipse was christened in Manhattan harbour on the morning of her inaugural US voyage. Representatives from Scenic attended the ceremony, along with members of the press and […]
Tag Archives | Expedition Cruises
Sir Douglas Mawson was a genuine Australian hero. A geologist, academic and Antarctic explorer, he rightly deserves to have his name alongside the likes of Amundsen, Shackleton and Scott. As well as being one of the foremost adventurers of his time, pioneering the exploration and geographic mapping of large parts of the world’s southernmost continent, […]
This week, we’re taking a look at what makes Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen a contender for the title of The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship… Here’s a question for you – what if you could cruise with minimum addition to your carbon footprint, sailing the seas without adding to the pollution plaguing the world’s oceans and […]
If there is one place in the world where anyone can try an adventure cruise experience, it is Alaska. America’s 49th state is superbly equipped to provide a great range of outdoor activities and expeditions, and you don’t necessarily need to be on a small ship to take advantage of them. In simple terms, Alaska […]
Here’s a poser for you – when is a world cruise not a world cruise? The answer is simple if you’re Silversea Cruises. You make it a World Expedition. Seriously, that’s what Silversea will be doing in 2021 when they branch out into a whole new cruise ethos with their chic little adventurer Silver Cloud. […]
Chalk up January 13 as another cruise ‘first’ for Silversea. That was the date the boutique little Silver Cloud crossed the 66th parallel on a recent sailing, taking the ship into genuine Antarctic waters for the first time on her furthest-ever voyage South. Coincidentally, 2019 also marks the 10th year of Silversea Expeditions, who made their […]
Count us in, darlings. We can certainly wait, especially given the propensity of the current summer to either bake us or drown us at equally short notice. 2020, you say? No problem, we reply. Count us in. We are, of course, referring to the latest, gorgeous and oh-so-inviting possibilities for the forthcoming new Crystal […]
Suddenly, it’s the hot ticket in Cruise Town. We’ve seen it develop steadily in the past 15 years, but now expedition cruising is taking off like one of Elon Musk’s Falcon Heavy rockets at the Kennedy Space Center. Originally, there were companies like Lindblad Travel in the US (1966), Canada’s G Adventures (1990), Seattle-based Quark […]
- 10 New Cruise Ships For 2020 11/10/2019
- Spas At Sea – Regent Take The Next Step 03/10/2019
- The Best Voluntourism Cruises 26/09/2019
- We Need An Alternative To Alternative Dining! 20/09/2019
- All Hail, SeaDream’s Innovation! 11/09/2019
- Helen Mirren Christens Scenic Eclipse 11/09/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...