In which Tenny looks at the perfect way to celebrate the season, without actually setting sail… It is definitely ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ right now. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the TV is showing White Christmas, a hot toddy is on the stove, and we’re safely inside out of […]
Tag Archives | Cunard
The Cunard Way To say Halifax, Nova Scotia, is something of a cruise outlier would be the equivalent of insisting the government has a bit of a mess on its hands with Brexit. Named after the 2nd Earl of Halifax in 1749, this Canadian port was forever linked with the Titanic disaster in 1912 when […]
WEIGH ANCHOR- AND RETIRE! Simone de Beauvoir had the right phrase for it. The eminent French existential philosopher once said, “Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.” Far be it from us to cast aspersions on the noble idea of the […]
The Wonders of Norway Most people think that cruising is a relatively modern phenomenon. Dear old P&O Cruises claim to have kicked things off a recently as 1844, while the great ocean-going fleets of White Star Line, Cunard, Hamburg-America Line, Norddeutscher Lloyd and Inman Line burgeoned in the first half of the 20th century, closely […]
Heavy weather at sea is no joke. It ruins the pool-side ambience and threatens to upset the contents of our cocktails (not to mention the stomachs of those less conditioned to nautical travels). It often cancels port-calls – notably on our most recent Caribbean jaunt, when it was just too damn lively to tender ashore […]
The only thing better than boarding one of Cunard’s Queens is boarding and finding yourself in one of the luxurious Grill suites and for my 3-night cruise I found myself in a Princess Grill Suite on Deck 4. There’s something incredibly special about cruising with Cunard, after all, not many cruise lines in the world […]
In October 2015, our Marketing Executive Lee paid a visit to Cunard‘s Queen Elizabeth during one of her turnaround days in Southampton. Lee joined The Cruise Line just a few months ago and his visit to Queen Elizabeth was rather special, as it was the first time that he had ever set foot aboard a […]
Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner in the world that offers a regular service between Southampton and New York City. It is an iconic route steeped in hundreds of years of history and one that to this day still remains a popular form of travel between the U.K. and the U.S.A. As this is […]
If you are looking for a quick getaway in the coming months, then we have an ideal selection of voyages available and to some superb destinations. Escape the cold and damp U.K. and soak up some Mediterranean sunshine, discover the beauty of the Baltic region as you visit ports including Helsinki, Copenhagen and Tallinn, or head to […]
Cunard Line has announced a very special 5-night sailing to mark Queen Elizabeth’s fifth birthday, where guests will be invited to take to the dance floor for a Big Band Ball on her voyage departing Southampton on October 2nd. Originating from America in the 1920s, the Big Band phenomena took the world by storm, as […]
- Silver Muse Live! Day 9 – Key West, Florida 22/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 8 – At Sea 21/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 7 – Roatan, Honduras 20/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day Six 19/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live – Day Five 18/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 4 – Costa Maya 17/03/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...