A conversation at Treadwell & Tenny Towers, Sussex, sometime in November 2018 Tenny: Bugger it, Treadwell old girl. Where the hell did you put my glasses this time? I just put them down a moment ago and now they’re gone. Treadwell: *Long suffering* They’re on your head, darling. Tenny: What? Where was that, you say? […]
Tag Archives | Cunard
By Simon & Susan Veness Fashion week. Baseball. Science fiction. Legends of wrestling. 1970s rock music. What do all of these things have in common? You can find each and every one of them on a themed cruise. It used to be the case that a ‘themed’ cruise meant one of only a handful of […]
Who Invented Cruise Ships? By Simon & Susan Veness The provenance of the very first cruise ship is probably lost in the mists of time. It might have been a Phoenician trader who, fed up with the daily grind of dealing in Tyrian purple, set his sights beyond the Mediterranean for a little jaunt to […]
By Simon & Susan Veness If like us, you already have one eye on next year in sea-going terms, you might like to consider some of the intriguing new options for cruises in 2019, as there are an array of really original voyages on offer. With so many high-quality ships to choose from these days, […]
It’s a common enough phrase, and it’s increasingly in usage in the travel business. “It’s a small world,” has applied ever since Mr Boeing and his jet-plane friends sent ever-larger numbers of people flying around the world with greater and greater rapidity. The world has, indeed, become distinctly ‘small’ in many senses as travel has […]
Everyone can remember their first time. It’s that wide-eyed moment of startling realisation, a wonderful curtain-raising revelation of new frontiers and excitement. There is simply nothing like that first-time cruise experience. *Muttering from the audience* Cruising – we’re talking about cruising, madam. What did you think we were on about? Really. Elevate your thinking, please. […]
Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
Her original name was simply Hull 736. To her owners, she was Project Q4. And she was the very last of her ocean-going breed. Launched in 1967, her maiden voyage wasn’t until May 1969, and critics derided her – almost literally – as a White Elephant. They were wrong, of course, but the controversial […]
10 Reasons why cruising Australia should be on your cruise bucket-list… By Simon & Susan Veness G’day, cobbers, we’re here to tell ya all about cruisin’ the Oz way. Throw another shrimp on the barbie, settle back, and we’ll give ya the full lowdown…. Okay, now we’ve got that nonsense out of the way, we […]
By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
- Silver Shadow Renovation: When Silver Becomes Gold 16/05/2019
- Anatomy Of A Cruise 09/05/2019
- Crystal Conjure Up Some Grand Adventures 02/05/2019
- Eight Dining Delights On A Mediterranean Cruise 25/04/2019
- Cruise, Cruise, Glorious Cruise 18/04/2019
- This Year’s Top Alaskan Adventure Cruises 11/04/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...