It’s undoubtedly a thought that has crossed everyone’s minds – wouldn’t Christmas be great if you didn’t have to do all that faffing around with cooking, cleaning and decorating; without, you know, all the hassle? Well, we are here this week to tell you there is one sure-fire way to enjoy all the festivities without […]
Tag Archives | Cunard
When it comes to maritime celebrations, there are plenty to choose from. The obvious one to highlight is the famous Crossing The Line ceremony for passengers on any ship passing across the equator. Equally, Christmas is a great time to be at sea, with every vessel breaking out its festive finery for a truly nautical […]
If there is one subject that has caused the cruise world most angst and recrimination in recent years, it is the G-word (or the T-word, if you prefer ‘tips’ to ‘gratuities’). This thorny issue rears its head periodically as it does the rounds on social media, and, occasionally, in the national press. At face value […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Quick question for you: When was the last time you visited a Spa on land? If the answer is “last week,” then this story is not for you (albeit, you might still be interested in some of the history!). We do, however, wonder what the majority think of spas in […]
By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
Okay, cruise aficionados, we’re going to put you to the test this week. We know the majority of you are well-travelled cruisers with multiple voyages under your collective belts. We also know you’re extremely discerning when it comes to holidays at sea, and you value the better things in the cruise world, with an instinctive […]
For an aspect of the travel industry with more than 150 years of history and tradition behind it, cruising sometimes gives the impression it remains pretty traditional and hidebound. But nothing could be further from the truth. The amazing development of the modern cruise ship, with its overflowing array of features and amenities – many […]
A conversation at Treadwell & Tenny Towers, Sussex, sometime in November 2018 Tenny: Bugger it, Treadwell old girl. Where the hell did you put my glasses this time? I just put them down a moment ago and now they’re gone. Treadwell: *Long suffering* They’re on your head, darling. Tenny: What? Where was that, you say? […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Fashion week. Baseball. Science fiction. Legends of wrestling. 1970s rock music. What do all of these things have in common? You can find each and every one of them on a themed cruise. It used to be the case that a ‘themed’ cruise meant one of only a handful of […]
Who Invented Cruise Ships? By Simon & Susan Veness The provenance of the very first cruise ship is probably lost in the mists of time. It might have been a Phoenician trader who, fed up with the daily grind of dealing in Tyrian purple, set his sights beyond the Mediterranean for a little jaunt to […]
- The Delights of a Christmas Cruise! 14/11/2019
- The Cruise Difference – Now & Then 06/11/2019
- Best Places To Celebrate Halloween On A Cruise! 30/10/2019
- Cruise Gratuities – What Are They & How Do They Work? 24/10/2019
- 10 Reasons To Cruise With Seabourn 17/10/2019
- 10 New Cruise Ships For 2020 11/10/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...