By Simon & Susan Veness Now, where were we when we were so rudely interrupted by COVID-19? Ah yes – cruise memories and the best of all things sea-going. That seems like a lifetime ago. Amazingly, it is only just over a month since we were reporting on cruising’s struggles to avoid the worst effects […]
Tag Archives | Cunard
Imagine our disgust. There we were enjoying our usual breakfast of a hard-boiled egg and kippers (for him) and a croissant with Harrods marmalade (her), when up popped a message in our Inbox marked ‘British Travel Awards Winners!’ We thought a little gentle information would help the digestion, but what we saw was enough to […]
It’s undoubtedly a thought that has crossed everyone’s minds – wouldn’t Christmas be great if you didn’t have to do all that faffing around with cooking, cleaning and decorating; without, you know, all the hassle? Well, we are here this week to tell you there is one sure-fire way to enjoy all the festivities without […]
When it comes to maritime celebrations, there are plenty to choose from. The obvious one to highlight is the famous Crossing The Line ceremony for passengers on any ship passing across the equator. Equally, Christmas is a great time to be at sea, with every vessel breaking out its festive finery for a truly nautical […]
If there is one subject that has caused the cruise world most angst and recrimination in recent years, it is the G-word (or the T-word, if you prefer ‘tips’ to ‘gratuities’). This thorny issue rears its head periodically as it does the rounds on social media, and, occasionally, in the national press. At face value […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Quick question for you: When was the last time you visited a Spa on land? If the answer is “last week,” then this story is not for you (albeit, you might still be interested in some of the history!). We do, however, wonder what the majority think of spas in […]
By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
Okay, cruise aficionados, we’re going to put you to the test this week. We know the majority of you are well-travelled cruisers with multiple voyages under your collective belts. We also know you’re extremely discerning when it comes to holidays at sea, and you value the better things in the cruise world, with an instinctive […]
For an aspect of the travel industry with more than 150 years of history and tradition behind it, cruising sometimes gives the impression it remains pretty traditional and hidebound. But nothing could be further from the truth. The amazing development of the modern cruise ship, with its overflowing array of features and amenities – many […]
A conversation at Treadwell & Tenny Towers, Sussex, sometime in November 2018 Tenny: Bugger it, Treadwell old girl. Where the hell did you put my glasses this time? I just put them down a moment ago and now they’re gone. Treadwell: *Long suffering* They’re on your head, darling. Tenny: What? Where was that, you say? […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...
- Stephen palmer: We are new to cruising have cruised with celebrit...
- David Smith: Hello Lesley! Yes, as a business, Voyages to Antiq...
- David Smith: It's been a very busy year - 2020 is shaping up t...