By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
Tag Archives | Cunard Line
In which Tenny looks at the perfect way to celebrate the season, without actually setting sail… It is definitely ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ right now. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the TV is showing White Christmas, a hot toddy is on the stove, and we’re safely inside out of […]
The Cunard Way To say Halifax, Nova Scotia, is something of a cruise outlier would be the equivalent of insisting the government has a bit of a mess on its hands with Brexit. Named after the 2nd Earl of Halifax in 1749, this Canadian port was forever linked with the Titanic disaster in 1912 when […]
Cruising’s Most Splendid Day As our regular readers will know, Treadwell and Tenny are currently landbound, denied their usual ocean-going habitat by capricious circumstances that have confined us to T&T Towers for the immediate future, bereft of the whiff of ozone, marooned. We are therefore taking an alternative view of our favourite maritime status, looking […]
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 is the world’s only true ocean liner and encompassed in her graceful lines are fifteen restaurants and bars, five swimming pools, a full-sized theatre, a casino, and a world famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub®. She has the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, a 3D cinema, a planetarium – […]
The only thing better than boarding one of Cunard’s Queens is boarding and finding yourself in one of the luxurious Grill suites and for my 3-night cruise I found myself in a Princess Grill Suite on Deck 4. There’s something incredibly special about cruising with Cunard, after all, not many cruise lines in the world […]
In October 2015, our Marketing Executive Lee paid a visit to Cunard‘s Queen Elizabeth during one of her turnaround days in Southampton. Lee joined The Cruise Line just a few months ago and his visit to Queen Elizabeth was rather special, as it was the first time that he had ever set foot aboard a […]
Cunard Line Celebrates 175 Anniversary in Liverpool Cunard recently celebrated its 175th anniversary in Liverpool, it was quite an event and over one million people turned out to see the three Queens arrive and perform their ‘Riverdance’. In our blog today, we wanted to share with you some facts and figures from the event – […]
In our latest blog post Danielle Fear looks ahead to 2015 and chooses three luxury cruise itineraries that really stand out to her. From the dense jungles of Central America to the frozen plains of Greenland and Canada, each voyage offers a combination of in-depth destination-led discovery and a comfortably elegant onboard experience. Three wonderful […]
- Onboard Credit – What Is It & How Does It Work? 11/04/2018
- 10 Things We Loved About Silver Muse 03/04/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 9 – Key West, Florida 22/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 8 – At Sea 21/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 7 – Roatan, Honduras 20/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day Six 19/03/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...