It’s a common enough phrase, and it’s increasingly in usage in the travel business. “It’s a small world,” has applied ever since Mr Boeing and his jet-plane friends sent ever-larger numbers of people flying around the world with greater and greater rapidity. The world has, indeed, become distinctly ‘small’ in many senses as travel has […]
Tag Archives | Cunard Line
Everyone can remember their first time. It’s that wide-eyed moment of startling realisation, a wonderful curtain-raising revelation of new frontiers and excitement. There is simply nothing like that first-time cruise experience. *Muttering from the audience* Cruising – we’re talking about cruising, madam. What did you think we were on about? Really. Elevate your thinking, please. […]
Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
Her original name was simply Hull 736. To her owners, she was Project Q4. And she was the very last of her ocean-going breed. Launched in 1967, her maiden voyage wasn’t until May 1969, and critics derided her – almost literally – as a White Elephant. They were wrong, of course, but the controversial […]
By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
In which Tenny looks at the perfect way to celebrate the season, without actually setting sail… It is definitely ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ right now. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the TV is showing White Christmas, a hot toddy is on the stove, and we’re safely inside out of […]
The Cunard Way To say Halifax, Nova Scotia, is something of a cruise outlier would be the equivalent of insisting the government has a bit of a mess on its hands with Brexit. Named after the 2nd Earl of Halifax in 1749, this Canadian port was forever linked with the Titanic disaster in 1912 when […]
Cruising’s Most Splendid Day As our regular readers will know, Treadwell and Tenny are currently landbound, denied their usual ocean-going habitat by capricious circumstances that have confined us to T&T Towers for the immediate future, bereft of the whiff of ozone, marooned. We are therefore taking an alternative view of our favourite maritime status, looking […]
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 is the world’s only true ocean liner and encompassed in her graceful lines are fifteen restaurants and bars, five swimming pools, a full-sized theatre, a casino, and a world famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub®. She has the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, a 3D cinema, a planetarium – […]
The only thing better than boarding one of Cunard’s Queens is boarding and finding yourself in one of the luxurious Grill suites and for my 3-night cruise I found myself in a Princess Grill Suite on Deck 4. There’s something incredibly special about cruising with Cunard, after all, not many cruise lines in the world […]
- South Pacific Cruise Guide 16/08/2018
- A Silversea Takeover? Never Fear! 09/08/2018
- An Endeavor We Can Fully Support! 02/08/2018
- 5 Up-And-Coming Cruise Destinations 25/07/2018
- Best Cruises for First-timers 19/07/2018
- Why Alaska Should Be On Your Cruise Radar 12/07/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...