This time next year, a pioneering new ship will be taking its maiden voyage. It will be only 20,000 tons and carry just 200 passengers, but it promises to have a major impact on the way we view expedition cruising. In many ways, adventure-style cruising is still in its infancy. Companies like Aurora Expeditions, G […]
Tag Archives | Crystal Serenity
Here’s an interesting little cruise conundrum that occurred to us this week: when is a World Cruise not a World Cruise? The answer comes from the distinguished style of Crystal Cruises, who have just announced a new series of Grand Journeys, sailings that look and feel a lot like a world voyage but which don’t […]
There’s no business like cruise business, or so it seems these days, following this week’s announcement of the annual figures and yearly review from the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We’ve known it for more than 20 years, but the latest statistics still make for eye-catching reading, as they hint at ever-greater growth – in […]
Cole Porter said it best about this time of year, when you have the Golden Globes, the AACTAs, the SAGs and the Grammys (and, of course, the Oscars in a few weeks’ time): And that’s why birds do it, bees do it Even educated fleas do it Let’s do it, let’s…hand out Awards. Okay, […]
The New Year frequently ushers in multiple stories about new ships for the months ahead and, more recently, a raft of ship orders for the future. It’s a great time to be a shipyard, as well as a cruise passenger looking for the next option or having a maiden voyage to look forward to. 2019 […]
How do you improve on six-star style? Seriously, how do you take one of the very best cruise experiences and add to it, enhancing the essence of what it is and what it does? Those were the questions that immediately occurred to us when we heard earlier this year about the huge refurbishment that Crystal […]
The poet Robert Browning first coined the phrase in 1855. Architect Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe (now there’s a name to conjure with) picked it up and ran with it in the 20th century, and countless others have used it to varying degrees of success ever since. ‘Less is more’ has become the mantra of the […]
In January 2016, Crystal Serenity will set sail on her 102-night Grand Pacific Panorama World Cruise – a voyage that promises exceptional discovery on an itinerary boasting 48 ports of call, including three maiden visits in 19 different countries. Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity is offering several extended overnight stays in world capitals during this voyage, […]
As a solo cruiser myself, I thought I would be the ideal person to share with you our 5 great Crystal Cruises offers for solo travellers . Cruising is a brilliant way for solo travellers to explore the world! It offers us safe surroundings and the chance to embark on a wonderful adventure with like-minded people, […]
Paul Andrews, the newest member of The Cruise Line team, recently enjoyed a Mediterranean voyage on Crystal Serenity. Read all about his Crystal cruise experience and feel free to leave any questions in the comments box below. We arrived at Gatwick in plenty of time and were pleased to find that there was no queue […]
- Expedition Cruising Crystal Class 15/08/2019
- Oceania Cruises Europe & North America 2021 14/08/2019
- Silversea’s New Moon Takes Shape 09/08/2019
- Who’s To Blame For The P&O Punch-Up? 05/08/2019
- Regent Seven Seas Voyages to Explore 31/07/2019
- The Blooming of Aurora 25/07/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...