By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
Tag Archives | Crystal Serenity
This time next year, a pioneering new ship will be taking its maiden voyage. It will be only 20,000 tons and carry just 200 passengers, but it promises to have a major impact on the way we view expedition cruising. In many ways, adventure-style cruising is still in its infancy. Companies like Aurora Expeditions, G […]
Here’s an interesting little cruise conundrum that occurred to us this week: when is a World Cruise not a World Cruise? The answer comes from the distinguished style of Crystal Cruises, who have just announced a new series of Grand Journeys, sailings that look and feel a lot like a world voyage but which don’t […]
There’s no business like cruise business, or so it seems these days, following this week’s announcement of the annual figures and yearly review from the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We’ve known it for more than 20 years, but the latest statistics still make for eye-catching reading, as they hint at ever-greater growth – in […]
Cole Porter said it best about this time of year, when you have the Golden Globes, the AACTAs, the SAGs and the Grammys (and, of course, the Oscars in a few weeks’ time): And that’s why birds do it, bees do it Even educated fleas do it Let’s do it, let’s…hand out Awards. Okay, […]
The New Year frequently ushers in multiple stories about new ships for the months ahead and, more recently, a raft of ship orders for the future. It’s a great time to be a shipyard, as well as a cruise passenger looking for the next option or having a maiden voyage to look forward to. 2019 […]
How do you improve on six-star style? Seriously, how do you take one of the very best cruise experiences and add to it, enhancing the essence of what it is and what it does? Those were the questions that immediately occurred to us when we heard earlier this year about the huge refurbishment that Crystal […]
The poet Robert Browning first coined the phrase in 1855. Architect Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe (now there’s a name to conjure with) picked it up and ran with it in the 20th century, and countless others have used it to varying degrees of success ever since. ‘Less is more’ has become the mantra of the […]
In January 2016, Crystal Serenity will set sail on her 102-night Grand Pacific Panorama World Cruise – a voyage that promises exceptional discovery on an itinerary boasting 48 ports of call, including three maiden visits in 19 different countries. Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity is offering several extended overnight stays in world capitals during this voyage, […]
As a solo cruiser myself, I thought I would be the ideal person to share with you our 5 great Crystal Cruises offers for solo travellers . Cruising is a brilliant way for solo travellers to explore the world! It offers us safe surroundings and the chance to embark on a wonderful adventure with like-minded people, […]
- New Silver Moon Rising! 30/11/2020
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...