By Simon & Susan Veness Here at Veness Towers, we like to look ahead as much as possible, partly because looking back gives us a crick in the neck but also because we hate to see how much of the year has already passed (especially as the Christmas adverts are already on TV). It’s a […]
Tag Archives | Crystal Cruises
It was a simple but stark photograph that caught our eye this week. Just a cruise ship captain picking up trash on a beach in Indonesia. The photo came courtesy of specialist small-ship operator Variety Cruises, and it highlighted a very real and growing area of interest for the cruising industry, namely helping to do […]
Okay, we couldn’t let this one pass without comment. As much as we agree with our good friends (and proper journalists) Susan and Simon on most things, their blog about the Top 10 Alternative Dining options at sea cannot pass without comment. Not by us, anyway. Now, don’t get us wrong. We are all for […]
By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
This time next year, a pioneering new ship will be taking its maiden voyage. It will be only 20,000 tons and carry just 200 passengers, but it promises to have a major impact on the way we view expedition cruising. In many ways, adventure-style cruising is still in its infancy. Companies like Aurora Expeditions, G […]
Okay, cruise aficionados, we’re going to put you to the test this week. We know the majority of you are well-travelled cruisers with multiple voyages under your collective belts. We also know you’re extremely discerning when it comes to holidays at sea, and you value the better things in the cruise world, with an instinctive […]
For an aspect of the travel industry with more than 150 years of history and tradition behind it, cruising sometimes gives the impression it remains pretty traditional and hidebound. But nothing could be further from the truth. The amazing development of the modern cruise ship, with its overflowing array of features and amenities – many […]
Here’s an interesting little cruise conundrum that occurred to us this week: when is a World Cruise not a World Cruise? The answer comes from the distinguished style of Crystal Cruises, who have just announced a new series of Grand Journeys, sailings that look and feel a lot like a world voyage but which don’t […]
There’s no business like cruise business, or so it seems these days, following this week’s announcement of the annual figures and yearly review from the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We’ve known it for more than 20 years, but the latest statistics still make for eye-catching reading, as they hint at ever-greater growth – in […]
It all started with a simple enough question: What do you most remember about a cruise? A pretty straightforward query, you’d think. But it genuinely set us thinking. Now, the back-story to this is the fact we’re seen as the ‘old codgers’ of our local – the Methuselahs of the Snug Bar, the Galapagos tortoises […]
- 10 Reasons To Cruise With Seabourn 17/10/2019
- 10 New Cruise Ships For 2020 11/10/2019
- Spas At Sea – Regent Take The Next Step 03/10/2019
- The Best Voluntourism Cruises 26/09/2019
- We Need An Alternative To Alternative Dining! 20/09/2019
- All Hail, SeaDream’s Innovation! 11/09/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...