Napoleon Solo. The Lone Ranger. Han Solo. All were lumbered with a name that marked them out for the single life. Only that’s not quite how it worked out. Napoleon was best buddies with Illya Kuryakin. Tonto was always there for the Lone Ranger. And Star Wars fans can’t think of Han without his constant […]
Tag Archives | Crystal Cruises
10 Reasons why cruising Australia should be on your cruise bucket-list… By Simon & Susan Veness G’day, cobbers, we’re here to tell ya all about cruisin’ the Oz way. Throw another shrimp on the barbie, settle back, and we’ll give ya the full lowdown…. Okay, now we’ve got that nonsense out of the way, we […]
By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Shuffleboard and deck quoits have largely been consigned to the dustbin of history in cruising terms – very sadly for those (like us!) who still remember keen ocean-going tournaments that enlivened long, languid sea days in the past. True, a few lines do still maintain these venerable maritime traditions, providing […]
The expedition cruise scene has been undergoing a radical change in the past 10 years. Once the preserve of clunky, basic, no-frills ships, the adventuring side of cruising has enjoyed a massive shot in the arm from new tonnage like Silversea’s, Celebrity’s and Ponant’s. Even some of the mainstream lines, such as Crystal, Seabourn and […]
In which Tenny looks at the perfect way to celebrate the season, without actually setting sail… It is definitely ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ right now. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the TV is showing White Christmas, a hot toddy is on the stove, and we’re safely inside out of […]
We blame the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Ever since May 16, 1929, when they first started handing out little golden statues to the great and worthy of the film industry, other businesses have followed suit by creating their own ‘awards’ ceremonies. There are the ‘Oscars’ of Fashion; the ‘Oscars’ of the advertising […]
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRUISE? It’s a question we’ve heard over and over again. Sometimes from friends, but usually from friends of friends, the ones who have yet to cruise and are keen to pick our brains about the best voyage for them. It’s the obvious query, but it doesn’t make it any easier to […]
WEIGH ANCHOR- AND RETIRE! Simone de Beauvoir had the right phrase for it. The eminent French existential philosopher once said, “Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.” Far be it from us to cast aspersions on the noble idea of the […]
- Wind Surf Live! Day Seven: Le Lavandou 20/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Six: St Tropez 19/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Five: Monte Carlo 18/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Four: Portofino 17/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Three: Cinque Terre 15/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Two: Elba 15/06/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...