We had to chortle. It’s something we’ve been saying for years, in the forlorn hope that someone, somewhere would pay attention and raise the issue in The Press (as we used to call it. Nowadays, it’s more likely to be Faceblock, or Tweetie Pie, or some such similar nonsense). Anyway, there we were enjoying our […]
Tag Archives | Cruise
By Simon & Susan Veness Shuffleboard and deck quoits have largely been consigned to the dustbin of history in cruising terms – very sadly for those (like us!) who still remember keen ocean-going tournaments that enlivened long, languid sea days in the past. True, a few lines do still maintain these venerable maritime traditions, providing […]
So, how long did it last? Your New Year resolution, we mean. Did it make it through the first week, or even a fortnight? For most people, the typical resolve peters out within the first month, and only 20 per cent even make it to March. It is a tough haul. Of course, most people […]
In which Tenny looks at the perfect way to celebrate the season, without actually setting sail… It is definitely ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ right now. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the TV is showing White Christmas, a hot toddy is on the stove, and we’re safely inside out of […]
We blame the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Ever since May 16, 1929, when they first started handing out little golden statues to the great and worthy of the film industry, other businesses have followed suit by creating their own ‘awards’ ceremonies. There are the ‘Oscars’ of Fashion; the ‘Oscars’ of the advertising […]
Most cruise ship visits in the Caribbean are about as routine as it gets. In the winter, this is the ‘Milk Run’ for cruise lines, the week-in, week-out routine that forms the basis of what they do. Cruising by numbers, if you like. Not this year. For large parts of the region, this is anything […]
A Plague On Both Your Harbours! Yorkshire had the right phrase for it, several eons ago. It doesn’t hold up quite so well in this day and age, but it is still worth repeating when you read something so mind-bogglingly stupid that you have to re-read it, several times, to make sure it isn’t you […]
In many ways, 1965 was a watershed year for Britain. Winston Churchill died. The Beatles played their final full UK tour. Mary Quant introduced the mini-skirt. The Magic Roundabout made its debut on TV. And Thomson Holidays was born. Mini skirts still, of course, exist, albeit usually in fashions that can best be described as […]
Oceania Cruises has just released eight BRAND NEW Summer offers on selected Baltic, Mediterranean and Africa voyages departing this summer – some of which have UK departures – and we have availability on all of them! The selection of the voyages featured in today’s blog include flights, gratuities and a Prestige Drinks Package which is […]
The Cruise Line guest blogger, Anthony Nicholas returns today with a wonderful insight into the world of paddle wheeler cruising aboard the simply gorgeous, American Queen. She looks like something straight out of a novel about Huckleberry Finn. Deck after deck rising up straight, white and symmetrical, like the tiers of a giant wedding cake. […]
- The Ugly File 16/02/2018
- Cruising’s Top Valentine Hot-Spots 12/02/2018
- Our Top Five Sporting Cruises 31/01/2018
- We Resolve To Do More Cruising 26/01/2018
- Five Reasons To Love That Windstar Style 19/01/2018
- Expedition Cruises Are The New Black 11/01/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...