We have all seen That Look. You’ll notice it on the face of every first-time cruise passenger on their very first trip to the bathroom. You make yourself all nice and comfortable, do what needs to be done, proceed with the after-unmentionables, and then press the appropriate button or lever. The resultant noise is enough […]
Tag Archives | Cruise Ship
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRUISE? It’s a question we’ve heard over and over again. Sometimes from friends, but usually from friends of friends, the ones who have yet to cruise and are keen to pick our brains about the best voyage for them. It’s the obvious query, but it doesn’t make it any easier to […]
ENJOYING THE LUXURY GAP Oscar Wilde said it best. “If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.” But it was also paraphrased by that well-known author Anon, who insisted simply, “Good things come to those who wait.” But, whether we are prepared to wait or not, the simple […]
HOW ABOUT A ‘VIRTUAL CRUISE’? It is a slow week at T&T Towers this week. We’re into the dog days of summer (not that you’d know that from the weather, of course; it’s been wetter than a Lib Dems press conference about the Arts), which is usually the cue for us to take to the […]
You Know Who Does Classic Cruising? Disney Does Classic Cruising We’ve been called snobs, bores, oddballs and the ‘holier-than-thou’ couple. It’s the cross we bear for being cruise regulars in an era of mass-market sailing. People who have just ‘discovered’ cruise ships think they have somehow ‘invented’ cruising, and we take great delight in pointing […]
Irving Berlin didn’t coin the phrase, but he certainly made it famous. And now, with a potentially intriguing new take on travelling the high seas in high style, here comes the Ritz-Carlton hotel group with a major new investment in the business. As devotees of the lavish style and indulgent motif of their hotels, we […]
Heavy weather at sea is no joke. It ruins the pool-side ambience and threatens to upset the contents of our cocktails (not to mention the stomachs of those less conditioned to nautical travels). It often cancels port-calls – notably on our most recent Caribbean jaunt, when it was just too damn lively to tender ashore […]
Just in case anyone hadn’t noticed, cruising is Our Thing. It’s what we do, the holiday choice that is always No.1, 2 and 3 for us, and we are pretty much happy sailing the briny in any kind of vessel. Until the mega-ships came along. Prior to 1996, the world’s largest cruise vessel was the […]
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 is the world’s only true ocean liner and encompassed in her graceful lines are fifteen restaurants and bars, five swimming pools, a full-sized theatre, a casino, and a world famous Canyon Ranch SpaClub®. She has the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, a 3D cinema, a planetarium – […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
- And The Winners Are… 15/12/2017
- A Caribbean Recovery 07/12/2017
- A Damned Good Flushing 30/11/2017
- A Plague On Both Your Harbours! 16/11/2017
- Bahama-Rama 09/11/2017
- Virgin On The Ridiculous 02/11/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...