It shouldn’t need any reminder from us that one of the great, nay, fundamental reasons for taking a cruise is to enjoy some top-notch food. It’s one of the touchstones of modern cruising – you will eat too much, but you will be royally fed every inch of the way. Every line now boasts its […]
Tag Archives | Cruise ship dining
They say anticipation is the greater part of pleasure; that expectations are at least half the fun; anticipation is the very soul of enjoyment. ‘They,’ of course, are wrong. At least when it comes to cruising. Hopelessly, ridiculously, laughably wrong. Anticipating a cruise holiday is certainly wonderful. It means that you have it all booked […]
HOW ABOUT A ‘VIRTUAL CRUISE’? It is a slow week at T&T Towers this week. We’re into the dog days of summer (not that you’d know that from the weather, of course; it’s been wetter than a Lib Dems press conference about the Arts), which is usually the cue for us to take to the […]
Irving Berlin didn’t coin the phrase, but he certainly made it famous. And now, with a potentially intriguing new take on travelling the high seas in high style, here comes the Ritz-Carlton hotel group with a major new investment in the business. As devotees of the lavish style and indulgent motif of their hotels, we […]
Heavy weather at sea is no joke. It ruins the pool-side ambience and threatens to upset the contents of our cocktails (not to mention the stomachs of those less conditioned to nautical travels). It often cancels port-calls – notably on our most recent Caribbean jaunt, when it was just too damn lively to tender ashore […]
In April, our Marketing Executive Lee embarked on a river cruise with Tauck. It was quite a notable experience as not only was it Lee’s first time with Tauck, it was also his very first cruise! It’s fair to say that he had a good time and returned home with some wonderful stories, so we […]
This November, join world-renowned master Chef Jacques Pépin – Executive Culinary Director for Oceania Cruises – as he takes guests aboard Oceania Marina’s 10-night Medieval Artistry cruise on a culinary adventure. Guests will be treated to specially designed signature menus, engaging lectures, culinary demonstrations and much more. The Venice to Rome voyage will include book signings, […]
I recently enjoyed a visit to Seven Seas Voyager (she is a wonderful ship) and I decided to put together a short photo blog highlighting some of the things I personally liked about her, but before I get to the pictures let me tell you a little more about her. Seven Seas Voyager is one […]
Seven Seas Mariner Review – July 2015 The Cruise Line’s Sales & Marketing Manager David Smith shares with us some of the highlights of his recent cruise aboard the stunning Seven Seas Mariner. In early July I was lucky enough to be invited onto the first 4 nights of Seven Seas Mariner’s Spanish Zeal voyage. Ship visits […]
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the original all-inclusive luxury cruise line and its choice of onboard dining options are just as impressive as its fleet. Onboard you can find everything from a signature American Steakhouse with a luxurious twist, to a venue where the menu continent hops on a nightly basis. Everything your taste buds […]
- Silver Shadow Renovation: When Silver Becomes Gold 16/05/2019
- Anatomy Of A Cruise 09/05/2019
- Crystal Conjure Up Some Grand Adventures 02/05/2019
- Eight Dining Delights On A Mediterranean Cruise 25/04/2019
- Cruise, Cruise, Glorious Cruise 18/04/2019
- This Year’s Top Alaskan Adventure Cruises 11/04/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...