It’s undoubtedly a thought that has crossed everyone’s minds – wouldn’t Christmas be great if you didn’t have to do all that faffing around with cooking, cleaning and decorating; without, you know, all the hassle? Well, we are here this week to tell you there is one sure-fire way to enjoy all the festivities without […]
Tag Archives | Cruise ship dining
Here we go again. There we were, in the snug bar of The Bloated Goat, and that hoary old chestnut reared its ugly visage once more. “But why go on a cruise and get stuck on a boat with hundreds of people you don’t know – and probably don’t like – and have no way to […]
By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Anyone who is a regular reader of this blog will already know we are big fans of the current Silversea Cruises flagship Silver Muse. We took an extensive look at the 40,000-ton paragon for The Cruise Line last year, including a 3-part video series (which hopefully you all saw – […]
When Sidney De Haan was casting around for ideas to keep his Folkestone hotel in business in the 1950s, he wasn’t thinking about global brands, disruption marketing, direct sales or any other fancy terminology used in the travel business today. The WWII war hero was simply trying to find ways to keep the Rhodesia Hotel […]
This week, we’re taking a look at what makes Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen a contender for the title of The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship… Here’s a question for you – what if you could cruise with minimum addition to your carbon footprint, sailing the seas without adding to the pollution plaguing the world’s oceans and […]
It shouldn’t need any reminder from us that one of the great, nay, fundamental reasons for taking a cruise is to enjoy some top-notch food. It’s one of the touchstones of modern cruising – you will eat too much, but you will be royally fed every inch of the way. Every line now boasts its […]
They say anticipation is the greater part of pleasure; that expectations are at least half the fun; anticipation is the very soul of enjoyment. ‘They,’ of course, are wrong. At least when it comes to cruising. Hopelessly, ridiculously, laughably wrong. Anticipating a cruise holiday is certainly wonderful. It means that you have it all booked […]
HOW ABOUT A ‘VIRTUAL CRUISE’? It is a slow week at T&T Towers this week. We’re into the dog days of summer (not that you’d know that from the weather, of course; it’s been wetter than a Lib Dems press conference about the Arts), which is usually the cue for us to take to the […]
Irving Berlin didn’t coin the phrase, but he certainly made it famous. And now, with a potentially intriguing new take on travelling the high seas in high style, here comes the Ritz-Carlton hotel group with a major new investment in the business. As devotees of the lavish style and indulgent motif of their hotels, we […]
- The Delights of a Christmas Cruise! 14/11/2019
- The Cruise Difference – Now & Then 06/11/2019
- Best Places To Celebrate Halloween On A Cruise! 30/10/2019
- Cruise Gratuities – What Are They & How Do They Work? 24/10/2019
- 10 Reasons To Cruise With Seabourn 17/10/2019
- 10 New Cruise Ships For 2020 11/10/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...