By Simon & Susan Veness Here at Veness Towers, we like to look ahead as much as possible, partly because looking back gives us a crick in the neck but also because we hate to see how much of the year has already passed (especially as the Christmas adverts are already on TV). It’s a […]
Tag Archives | Cruise News
By Simon & Susan Veness Quick question for you: When was the last time you visited a Spa on land? If the answer is “last week,” then this story is not for you (albeit, you might still be interested in some of the history!). We do, however, wonder what the majority think of spas in […]
It was a simple but stark photograph that caught our eye this week. Just a cruise ship captain picking up trash on a beach in Indonesia. The photo came courtesy of specialist small-ship operator Variety Cruises, and it highlighted a very real and growing area of interest for the cruising industry, namely helping to do […]
By Simon and Susan Veness This is a very different blog this week. It is basically an appeal, a simple human request to our fellow cruise devotees to dig into their pockets for an extremely good, nay, desperate cause in compassionate aid. The Bahamas need our help. Sitting here in central Florida, we have had […]
There are some things that bring matters to a shuddering halt over the smoked kippers at breakfast. This week’s sea-going punch-up was most definitely one of those occasions. Picture, if you will, Tenny with a forkful of aforementioned fish half-way to his lips, Times newspaper in front of him, and then the scandalised gasp of, […]
This week, we’re taking a look at what makes Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen a contender for the title of The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship… Here’s a question for you – what if you could cruise with minimum addition to your carbon footprint, sailing the seas without adding to the pollution plaguing the world’s oceans and […]
We have a bit of a conundrum for you this week, darlings: When is First Class travel not, actually, First Class travel? You would think the cruise world would be ideally placed to answer this particular puzzle, seeing as how it was based on a multi-class experience for more than 100 years. Travelling First […]
There’s no business like cruise business, or so it seems these days, following this week’s announcement of the annual figures and yearly review from the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We’ve known it for more than 20 years, but the latest statistics still make for eye-catching reading, as they hint at ever-greater growth – in […]
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – it’s a great year to be looking for a luxury cruise. Yes, we know. It was the subject of our blog just a few weeks ago in January, where we were looking ahead to the whole of 2019. We have no great wish to keep sounding […]
It’s a line that has been sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Shirley Bassey and Nat King Cole, not to mention Ringo Starr, Tina Charles and Jeff Lynne, but can it also be applied to a cruise ship? Love, of course, is most definitely a many-splendored thing (thanks to the 1955 Oscar-winning […]
- 10 Reasons To Cruise With Seabourn 17/10/2019
- 10 New Cruise Ships For 2020 11/10/2019
- Spas At Sea – Regent Take The Next Step 03/10/2019
- The Best Voluntourism Cruises 26/09/2019
- We Need An Alternative To Alternative Dining! 20/09/2019
- All Hail, SeaDream’s Innovation! 11/09/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...