Apparently, some of you thought we left you hanging in last week’s blog. You remember, the one about Five Reasons To Book A Cruise This Year, which concluded with River Cruising, and how many new ships were on offer in 2019. Apparently, some quick-witted readers felt it wasn’t enough, that it was a mere appetizer […]
Tag Archives | AMA Waterways
European river cruising has become big business in the overall scheme of things as far as the cruise world is concerned. Make that Big Business. Back in 2000, there were fewer than 150 vessels plying the waters of the Rhine, Danube, Rhone-Saone and Elbe-Oder, and they tended to be staid, rather old-fashioned and distinctly formulaic […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
You are unlikely to find another vessel on earth that is as unique and luxurious as Zambezi Queen, she is in a category all her own and offers stunning wildlife voyages deep in the heart of Africa. Built in the 1990’s, Zambezi Queen originally carried guests on an extended journey from Katima Mulilo down the […]
A Mekong River Cruise, there’s no other journey in the world quite like it. Both Vietnam and Cambodia offer lush, tropical greenery and a chance to discover some of South East Asia’s most incredible ancient cities, temples and natural wonders. If you are looking for a voyage with a difference in 2016 then this is certainly one […]
When people think about cruising they automatically visualise a large, ocean going vessel that has space aboard for upwards of 500-people, but not all cruises are on the ocean – there are some rather splendid river options available too! AmaWaterways is one the world’s best luxury river cruise lines and their itinerary’s and vessels are […]
Last year one of our Senior Cruise Consultants, Sarah Weatherall, enjoyed a wine-themed river cruise along the legendary Danube with AmaWaterways. The voyage was Sarah’s first with AMA so we invited her to share her experience and to tell you why five days with AmaWaterways just isn’t enough… The AmaCerto debuted in 2012 and has […]
The beauty of Burma awaits – explore Myanmar with Ama Waterways in 2014 In November 2014 Ama Waterways will be launching a new river cruise programme aboard a brand new ship on Myanmar’s Ayeyarwady River and I wanted to tell you a little more about it in today’s blog. The Ayeyarwady River or Irrawaddy River […]
- A Many-Splendored Regent 21/03/2019
- Top 10 Private Cruise Islands 14/03/2019
- We’re Rebelling At This Virgin Label 07/03/2019
- Six Reasons To River Cruise 27/02/2019
- 5 Reasons To Book A Cruise This Year 21/02/2019
- Our Top Honeymoon Cruises for 2019 14/02/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...