2012 began with NASA predicting that it was to be the best year for seeing the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis as they’re also known). Now that the end of the year is fast approaching, you might feel you’ve missed your chance to witness nature’s finest light show but this isn’t necessarily the case – especially if you’re already […]
Our Cruise Expert Debbie Stevens and her mother recently enjoyed a cruise on Regent Seven Seas’ Mariner. Here’s a review of their experience… The night before we were due to depart on our Regent Seven Seas‘ cruise we enjoyed a one-night stay in Athens, staying at the wonderfully-glamorous Hotel Grand Bretagne. After a fabulous nights […]
Cruises that sail over the New Year period, much like those that coincide with Christmas, are an extremely popular choice for many cruise enthusiasts. They represent a great opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones during a special occasion and the nature of cruising means that there’s also plenty of scope to make […]
SeaDream II Review – by Robin Maclear The first SeaDream ship was launched nearly 30 years ago in 1984 with SeaDream II being launched the following year. During this time these two small boutique ships have developed something of a cult following, while remaining arguably the best kept secret in the cruise business. As a […]
Respected cruise writer Anthony Nicolas recently took some time out to tell us why cruises to Norway are growing in popularity… For lovers of nature and serial romantics, Norway is hard to beat as a cruise destination. More than twelve thousand miles of stunning, indented coastline is backed by ranges of jagged mountains, their peaks […]
David George revisits his first choice of cruise ship . . . Despite enjoying my first cruise holiday six years ago on board Arcadia, I wasn’t feeling as excited about my return as I should. Recent whispers about viruses and concerns over service standards circulating on some websites had raised a number of doubts and […]
5 things to enhance your stay in Rio on a cruise holiday Rio de Janeiro. Just say it. The very name sounds seductive. It conjures up the most exotic and alluring visions. The entire city is nothing less than a sultry, samba fuelled colossus, set against a spectacular bay. What isn’t to love? But Rio […]
One of the big growth areas in cruising recently has been in cruises around the British Isles. While this might come as a bit of a surprise to some, the obvious attractions of such a cruise are a lot more numerous than you might think. Firstly, there are no worries about culture, currency or language. […]
A couple of weeks ago we looked at some of the Caribbean’s most interesting fortresses in our Forts Of The Caribbean piece, so this week we’ve decided to focus on the region’s fascinating museums… Romantic sunsets, endless powdery-sand beaches, seas of blue and museums. All that and more are waiting for you on your Caribbean […]
- British Travel Awards – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 04/12/2019
- Paul Gauguin Cruises’ Expansion Plans 27/11/2019
- 10 Reasons To Take A Disney Cruise 21/11/2019
- The Delights of a Christmas Cruise! 14/11/2019
- The Cruise Difference – Now & Then 06/11/2019
- Best Places To Celebrate Halloween On A Cruise! 30/10/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...