If you are thinking of taking a river cruise in 2016 make sure Tauck is one of the lines at the top of your investigation list.
Founded over 20 years ago – and voted ‘World’s Best River Cruise Line’ by readers of Travel + Leisure 3 times in 4 years – Tauck offers some truly incredible voyages along some of Europe’s best loved waterways, including the Rhine, Rhone, Main, Seine and Danube.
Tauck has also been voted as the ‘Best River Cruise Line for Families’ by readers of Travel + Leisure, and in 2016 they have some family specific voyages sailing the Danube and Rhine.
Tauck was built around destination immersion and that’s why every voyage comes inclusive of shore excursions, shore excursions that not only feature a highly knowledgeable local guide, but that are also accompanied by a Tauck Tour Director.
Shore excursion examples include:
- Mozart’s birthplace and the Mirabell Gardens, one of the settings for the movie, The Sound of Music – Salzburg, Austria
- Walking tour through the UNESCO World Heritage Town of Cesky Krumlov – Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
- 13th-century Old Town Hall, Baroque Habsburg-era palaces, Opera House, Slovak Philharmonic Hall and St. Martin’s Cathedral – Bratislava, Slovakia
- Musée National de l’Orangerie, designed by Monet for display of his large water lily paintings; or the Musée d’Orsay, Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works housed in a former railway terminal – Paris, France
- Tour of the beaches where the D-Day landings occurred on June 6, 1944. See Omaha Beach and Pointe-du-Hoc and visit the American Cemetery and Memorial at Colleville-sur-Mer – Normandy, France
- Exploring Luxembourg old town, starting at Constitution Square. Go inside the Cathedral before seeing the Palace of the Grand Duke, the Parliament and its centuries-old fortifications – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial in Hamm – Luxembourg (from Bernkastel)
What’s included with Tauck:
- All shore excursions
- All gratuities to crew and Cruise Directors
- Meals at local restaurants and special venues ashore
- Unlimited beverages including regional wine, beer, premium spirits, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Access to the onboard fitness centre, putting green and whirlpool
- Performances from local dance, musical and Capella artists
- Bicycles for use ashore
- Personalised, thoughtful service
No single supplement for solo travellers
One of the best aspects of a Tauck river cruise is that there are NO single supplements for solo passengers opting for Category 1 cabins on Tauck’s European river itineraries.
European River Cruising with Tauck in 2016
Itinerary: Paris | Lyon | Vienne | Avignon | Arles | Viviers | Tain’l’Hermitage | Lyon
Itinerary: Vienna | Bratislava | Durnstein | Wachau Valley | Linz | Passau | Nurnberg | Prague
Itinerary: Bern | Basel | Colmar | Stuttgart | Rudesheim | Koln | Dordrecht | Amsterdam
Castles on the Rhine: Family Riverboat Adventure Cruise – departing 10 July 2016 for 7-nights aboard MS Inspire
Itinerary: Basel | Cruising | Strasbourg | Heidelberg | Koblenz | Cologne | Amsterdam
French Escapade: Monte Carlo to Paris (including hotel stay in Paris) – departing 12 August 2016 for 13-nights aboard MS Swiss Emerald
Itinerary: Monte Carlo | Arles | Avignon | Châteauneuf-du-Pape | Viviers | Tournon | Vienne | Chalon-Sur-Saone | Macon | Lyon | Beaune | Paris
All of the voyages featured in our blog today are available to book now, please call one of our River Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677 for live pricing information.