Silver Explorer to visit Cuba on “Jewels of the Caribbean” voyage
In amongst the amazing itineraries that have been launched by Silversea Cruises for 2015, there is one in particular that has really captured my imagination. Silver Explorers’ cruise of Cuba, titled Jewels of the Caribbean Sea, is perhaps one of the most exciting cruise itineraries I have ever seen.
Lasting duration of 15 days, this stunning voyage departs in September 2015 and offers guests the opportunity to spend 5 days in Cuba while also visiting the Bahamas, Jamaica, Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama.
Itineraries that offer the opportunity to explore Cuba in such depth rarely come along, and therefore it’s perhaps fitting that the voyage will be operated under the Silversea Expeditions banner. As you may have already read in our interview with Silversea’s Expedition Leader Conrad Combrink, each voyage with Silversea Expeditions has been crafted to ensure guests get the most out of destinations many seldom get to explore – so this itinerary really is a must for those who wish to visit Cuba on a cruise in 2015.
Silver Explorer in Cuba – Itinerary and highlights:
- Date of departure: 27th September
- Duration: 15 days
- Ship: Silver Explorer
Day 1: Nassau, Bahamas | Day 2: At sea | Day 3-4: Havana, Cuba | Day 5: Maria La Gorda, Pinar del Rio, Cuba | Day 6: Punta Frances, Isle of Youth, Cuba | Day 7: Cienfuegos, Cuba | Day 8: At sea |Day 9: Santiago de Cuba | Day 10: Port Antonio, Jamaica | Day 11: At sea | Day 12: Providencia Island, Colombia | Day 13: Puerto Limon, Costa Rica | Day 14: Bocas del Torro |Day 15: Colon, Panama
Silver Explorer – Cuba Highlights:
- Enjoy a variety of talks and expert-led lectures regarding the history and architecture of Cuba
- Visit Old Havana – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy an evening watching a show at the famous Havana Tropicana
- Venture deep into the hills of Havana and visit some of the island’s old coffee plantations
- Visit the Isle of Youth – home to some of the most wonderful white sand beaches in the world
- Join the Expedition Team on a bird-watching excursion in the Pinar del Rio province – you might even see the smallest bird in the world, the Bee Hummingbird!
As you can imagine, this voyage is sure to be extremely popular and many sailings on Silver Explorer sell out quickly. If you are interested in finding out more about this itinerary, please call one of our Cruise Experts on 0800 008 6677. Alternatively, you can view the full itinerary and make an enquiry by clicking here.