After a full week aboard Wind Surf, the gorgeous flagship of Windstar Cruises, it is only fair that we sum up the experience by highlighting our Top 10 aspects of this unique cruise vessel. It may be almost 30 years old, but Wind Surf provides a timeless definition of classic cruising, a refined, gracious and […]
Archive | Windstar Cruises RSS feed for this section
Cruise log – Le Lavandou, France It’s the last full day of our Wind Surf experience, and we’re determined to make the most of it before we have to disembark for the flight home in Nice tomorrow. Unusually, we remained at anchor off St Tropez until 7am, and then set sail for the cute little […]
Today we are in the uber-chic French seaside resort of St Tropez, the playground of celebs and wannabe-celebs worldwide. It is massively chic and wildly expensive, especially if you want to shop. It is also the perfect summer spot for a bit of idle wandering, stopping for a bite to eat (we recommend the […]
The last time we were in Monte Carlo, the doorman at the famous Casino took one look at us and declared, “Non.” Admittedly we were distinctly bedraggled and decidedly not dressed to impress, but we did expect at least to be able to peep inside the doors at the rich and famous gambling away the […]
Cruise Log: Portofino, Italy Our regular bloggers, Simon & Susan Veness, are taking a week’s cruise on Windstar Cruises’ unique Wind Surf – and reporting back exclusively for The Cruise Line on a daily basis on the whole experience. This is Day Four of the trip… If we had to pick just one Italian port […]
Cruise Log: Portovenere, Italy Our regular bloggers, Simon & Susan Veness, are taking a week’s cruise on Windstar Cruises’ unique Wind Surf – and reporting back exclusively for The Cruise Line on a daily basis on the whole experience. This is Day Three of the trip… Is there ever such a thing as a truly […]
DAY 2: Elba, Portoferraio According to the old adage, you only get one chance to make a first impression but, on board Wind Surf, that is simply not the case. So far, there are at least four major impressions of the initial kind, and all have been unfailingly positive. Yesterday, of course, was embarkation day, […]
DAY 1: Embarkation – Civitavecchia (Rome) You absolutely know you are on the right maritime track when your transfer brings you into port and your vessel sticks out from the cruise crowd in the same way that Michaelangelo differs from The Beano. Yes, there were other ships already docked in Civitavecchia, the port for Rome, […]
From the bloggers who brought you Silver Muse Live in March, stand by for another ‘virtual cruise’ adventure on the high seas, highlighting all that is be enjoyed aboard the flagship of the Windstar Cruise fleet… Yes, that’s right, having provided a nine-day ‘virtual’ voyage of the wonderful Silver Muse in the Caribbean, we are […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We’re in the middle of cruising’s annual Awards Season, and there are usually plenty to go around. The ‘Best This’ and the ‘Best That’ are commonplace, but there are a few worth paying attention to, as they come from a panel of experts who really know their stuff. Without wishing […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...