By Simon & Susan Veness No-one can truly put their finger on the Who or When of this issue, but it’s largely a moot point. The fact is, alternative dining restaurants have become an established fact of cruising in the past 15 years or so, and we are all the better for it. In reality, […]
Archive | Seabourn RSS feed for this section
If there is one place in the world where anyone can try an adventure cruise experience, it is Alaska. America’s 49th state is superbly equipped to provide a great range of outdoor activities and expeditions, and you don’t necessarily need to be on a small ship to take advantage of them. In simple terms, Alaska […]
By Simon & Susan Veness It’s no secret that we think cruising is the best holiday anyone can take. We have been devoted to the idea of sea-going sabbaticals ever since Simon first set foot on a ship back in 1969, when his family sailed from Durban to Southampton on the old SA Vaal of […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We all know that cruise ships have increased in size in the last 20 years or so, dramatically in many cases. Where 100,000 tons was once considered gargantuan, it is now merely ‘mid-size’ to some cruise lines. This point came home loud and clear this week as the busy Meyer […]
Suddenly, it’s the hot ticket in Cruise Town. We’ve seen it develop steadily in the past 15 years, but now expedition cruising is taking off like one of Elon Musk’s Falcon Heavy rockets at the Kennedy Space Center. Originally, there were companies like Lindblad Travel in the US (1966), Canada’s G Adventures (1990), Seattle-based Quark […]
In our first review of Seabourn Ovation, The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear gives his first impressions on the latest addition to the award-winning Seabourn fleet. Last week in Genoa, Seabourn launched their latest ship, Seabourn Ovation, for a seven-night pre-inaugural viewing to the travel trade. This ‘shakedown cruise’, as they call it, was […]
Enter a land rich with cultural icons and incomparable natural wonders. The multi-colored miracle of the Great Barrier Reef, the sun-swept splendor of Sydney Harbour and the soaring majesty of Milford Sound make fitting backdrops for Seabourn Encore’s debut. An astonishing variety of sights await you: towering peaks, steaming geysers and sprawling vineyards, mighty fjords […]
Seabourn, the award-winning, ultra-luxury cruise line, has unveiled the names of its two new luxury cruise ships, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation – the first will launch in late 2016 and the second by the spring of 2018. Both vessels will reflect the build and style of their sisters, Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Quest and Seabourn […]
There was a time when you returned from your journey with a trinket to remind you of some particular place in the world that you had visited. A permanent physical reminder of a once in a lifetime trip, a special anniversary or maybe a place that simply stole your heart. Yet there are some moments […]
Discover the ‘White Continent’ with Seabourn in 2014/15 Embarking on a voyage of Antarctica and Patagonia really is a once in a lifetime experience and one that is best enjoyed aboard a purpose-adapted vessel, hosted by a team of destination experts. In 2014/15 Seabourn Cruises is offering a selection of Polar Region voyages aboard the […]
- All Hail, SeaDream’s Innovation! 11/09/2019
- Helen Mirren Christens Scenic Eclipse 11/09/2019
- Appeal For The Bahamas 06/09/2019
- Top 10 Alternative Dining Restaurants At Sea 29/08/2019
- Farewell, Oriana – Queen of a New Age 21/08/2019
- Expedition Cruising Crystal Class 15/08/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...