By Simon & Susan Veness We all know that cruise ships have increased in size in the last 20 years or so, dramatically in many cases. Where 100,000 tons was once considered gargantuan, it is now merely ‘mid-size’ to some cruise lines. This point came home loud and clear this week as the busy Meyer […]
Archive | Seabourn RSS feed for this section
Suddenly, it’s the hot ticket in Cruise Town. We’ve seen it develop steadily in the past 15 years, but now expedition cruising is taking off like one of Elon Musk’s Falcon Heavy rockets at the Kennedy Space Center. Originally, there were companies like Lindblad Travel in the US (1966), Canada’s G Adventures (1990), Seattle-based Quark […]
In our first review of Seabourn Ovation, The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear gives his first impressions on the latest addition to the award-winning Seabourn fleet. Last week in Genoa, Seabourn launched their latest ship, Seabourn Ovation, for a seven-night pre-inaugural viewing to the travel trade. This ‘shakedown cruise’, as they call it, was […]
Enter a land rich with cultural icons and incomparable natural wonders. The multi-colored miracle of the Great Barrier Reef, the sun-swept splendor of Sydney Harbour and the soaring majesty of Milford Sound make fitting backdrops for Seabourn Encore’s debut. An astonishing variety of sights await you: towering peaks, steaming geysers and sprawling vineyards, mighty fjords […]
Seabourn, the award-winning, ultra-luxury cruise line, has unveiled the names of its two new luxury cruise ships, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation – the first will launch in late 2016 and the second by the spring of 2018. Both vessels will reflect the build and style of their sisters, Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Quest and Seabourn […]
There was a time when you returned from your journey with a trinket to remind you of some particular place in the world that you had visited. A permanent physical reminder of a once in a lifetime trip, a special anniversary or maybe a place that simply stole your heart. Yet there are some moments […]
Discover the ‘White Continent’ with Seabourn in 2014/15 Embarking on a voyage of Antarctica and Patagonia really is a once in a lifetime experience and one that is best enjoyed aboard a purpose-adapted vessel, hosted by a team of destination experts. In 2014/15 Seabourn Cruises is offering a selection of Polar Region voyages aboard the […]
Perfect for a spring getaway – last minute cruises with Seabourn from £2399pp We have five wonderful last minute offers available from ultra-luxury cruise line, Seabourn with four taking in the beauty of the Mediterranean and one offering the chance of ultimate relaxation on a 14-night transatlantic crossing from the U.S. to Spain. Seabourn Cruises […]
A look behind the scenes at Seabourn’s Signature Event, ‘Caviar in the Surf’ We have all seen the image of Seabourn’s finest crew members offering Champagne and Caviar to guests on a gorgeous tropical beach. It is the type of beach day we associate with luxury cruising and certainly one that would never be forgotten, […]
- A Saintly Surprise (or, How We Got St Tropez Completely Wrong) 20/09/2018
- Five Small-Ship Lines You Need To Know About 11/09/2018
- Cruise Ships: When is Big TOO Big? 06/09/2018
- Malta – A Most Civilising Experience 31/08/2018
- 5 New Cruises For 2019 22/08/2018
- South Pacific Cruise Guide 16/08/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...