Hurtigruten, first established in the late 1800s, was initially used by the Norwegian government to help aid correspondence between the remotest parts of Norway’s vast and rather rugged coastline. Following a gradual fleet expansion and an increased focus on tourism throughout the last 30 years, this expert cruise line is now the leading operator for voyages […]
Archive | Hurtigruten RSS feed for this section
In December 2015, Paul Andrews, one of our Cruise Experts, embarked on a Hurtigruten Arctic Highlights Educational voyage to the far north of Norway. This was his journey… We met at Birmingham International Airport on a rather chilly December morning, to board our charter flight to Tromso, Norway, operated by Germania Airlines. There were only […]
In April, our Marketing Manager Debbie enjoyed a wonderful trip from Bergen with Hurtigruten and this is how she got on… After a short flight with Norwegian Air from Gatwick to Bergen, we were warmly greeted by the Hurtigruten team and swiftly transferred by coach on a tour of Troldhaugen, the former home of classical composer […]
The steamer, DS Vesteraalen marked the beginning of the birth of Hurtigruten in 1893, as she offered a regular service along the Norwegian coast. 120 years later and Hurtigruten is at the top of its game – with 11 ships offering voyages to some superb destinations, including Greenland, Antarctica, Iceland and of course, Norway. Hurtigruten […]
- Jamaica Me Crazy 19/10/2017
- Name That Line! 12/10/2017
- Playing Favourites 28/09/2017
- Don’t be THAT Cruiser 21/09/2017
- Return To Cartagena 14/09/2017
- Weigh Anchor – And Retire! 07/09/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...