Who Invented Cruise Ships? By Simon & Susan Veness The provenance of the very first cruise ship is probably lost in the mists of time. It might have been a Phoenician trader who, fed up with the daily grind of dealing in Tyrian purple, set his sights beyond the Mediterranean for a little jaunt to […]
Archive | Hapag-Lloyd Cruises RSS feed for this section
EUROPA 2, the finest cruise ship in the world, offers some of the most impressive accommodation at sea. In our blog today, I wanted to highlight what you can expect from your home-from-home aboard the five-star plus rated vessel and accompany it with a wonderful EUROPA 2 suite video blog that illustrates it perfectly, from […]
Jos Dewing sailed with his family on EUROPA 2 for a week in August 2014 If you are reading this article, the chances are you will by now have heard about EUROPA 2, the new ‘international’ ship from Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. You’ve probably read about its position at the very highest echelon of the cruise bible, […]
One of our Cruise Experts, Debbie Stevens, recently joined Hapag-Lloyd’s MS EUROPA 2 for a 4-night voyage from Southampton to Lisbon. In our blog today, she shares with us her first experience of this six-star luxury ship. Having pulled into Southampton I saw EUROPA 2 for the first time and was struck by how clean […]
Discover a Different World with Hapag-Lloyd in 2015 Hapag-Lloyd’s MS Hanseatic is an expedition vessel like no other. The only of its kind in the world to have been given a 5-star rating, Hanseatic provides an exclusive and intimate expedition experience and has space aboard for just 175-guests. Because of her exclusivity and the fact […]
The onboard Spa is a place where one has the chance to relax and enjoy some well-deserved pampering time. We enter and are tempted with a selection of treatments, delicious smelling oils and for the ladies a good manicure never goes a miss. That’s why today I wanted to highlight the Ocean Spa aboard Hapag-Lloyd’s […]
I must admit when I think about luxury cruising I usually have a mental image of delicious food, luxurious ships with state of the art facilities and fantastic ports of call, I don’t automatically think about cookery courses, but you have to admit, it is a very interesting idea! Hapag-Lloyd offer luxury cruises aboard some […]
Advancement through elegance (and technology)! By Jos Dewing Just a quick outline and impression here of a really beautiful and brand new piece of nautical hardware! There is a very well-known German slogan meaning “Advancement through technology”, which has in itself become a company ethos and ‘premium’ expression in the world of advertising and manufacturing. […]
At the beginning of the week I was invited to enjoy an overnight stay on Hapag-Lloyd Cruises new luxury cruise vessel, the hotly-anticipated MS Europa 2. In between sampling the delightful cuisine and admiring the fine architecture of this superb ship , I took some time out to jot down my initial feelings. Read my […]
All-suite accommodation, 26 expertly-crafted itineraries and the largest space-to-passenger ratio in the world – why Hapag-Lloyd’s MS Europa 2 is set to make biggest waves in cruising this year. Later this week, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises’ newest cruise ship – the hugely-anticipated MS Europa 2 – will undertake her official maiden voyage from Hamburg to Lisbon. Heralded […]
- Saga Count On Their Spirit Of Discovery 12/07/2019
- The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship 04/07/2019
- Rock Star Cruising With Virgin? What A First Class Idea! 28/06/2019
- All Hail Celebrity Cruises’ Revolution! 21/06/2019
- Top 10 Reasons To Cruise From Barcelona 14/06/2019
- Best Cruises For Solo Travellers 06/06/2019
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- RobinMaclear: I completely agree Krista! Glad you enjoyed it as ...
- Krista Bluesmith: I was on the cruise! It was awesome and the histor...
- Simon Veness: Hi Amanda. Thanks for your comment and yes, we can...
- AmandaB: I am a huge fan of Silverseas, my next trip, in 20...
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...