By Simon & Susan Veness Stop us if you’ve heard this one before – expedition cruising is the new Black. It’s true. For all the fact the cruise world continues to develop and add new mega-ships in leaps and bounds, the more adventurous angle to this maritime boom is among the biggest drivers of new […]
Archive | Expedition Cruises RSS feed for this section
Imagine our disgust. There we were enjoying our usual breakfast of a hard-boiled egg and kippers (for him) and a croissant with Harrods marmalade (her), when up popped a message in our Inbox marked ‘British Travel Awards Winners!’ We thought a little gentle information would help the digestion, but what we saw was enough to […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Here at Veness Towers, we like to look ahead as much as possible, partly because looking back gives us a crick in the neck but also because we hate to see how much of the year has already passed (especially as the Christmas adverts are already on TV). It’s a […]
By Simon & Susan Veness It’s been a while since we provided any feedback or comment on one of the most exciting developments in the ultra-luxe cruise world from earlier this year, but we’re ready to put that right this week. Back in March, we told you about the forthcoming new SeaDream Innovation that was […]
10th September 2019 marked another historic moment in the world of cruising as Dame Helen Mirren christened Scenic Eclipse. Claimed to be ‘The World’s First Discovery Yacht’, Scenic Eclipse was christened in Manhattan harbour on the morning of her inaugural US voyage. Representatives from Scenic attended the ceremony, along with members of the press and […]
Sir Douglas Mawson was a genuine Australian hero. A geologist, academic and Antarctic explorer, he rightly deserves to have his name alongside the likes of Amundsen, Shackleton and Scott. As well as being one of the foremost adventurers of his time, pioneering the exploration and geographic mapping of large parts of the world’s southernmost continent, […]
This week, we’re taking a look at what makes Hurtigruten’s MS Roald Amundsen a contender for the title of The World’s Greenest Cruise Ship… Here’s a question for you – what if you could cruise with minimum addition to your carbon footprint, sailing the seas without adding to the pollution plaguing the world’s oceans and […]
By Simon & Susan Veness It’s no secret that we think cruising is the best holiday anyone can take. We have been devoted to the idea of sea-going sabbaticals ever since Simon first set foot on a ship back in 1969, when his family sailed from Durban to Southampton on the old SA Vaal of […]
Here’s a poser for you – when is a world cruise not a world cruise? The answer is simple if you’re Silversea Cruises. You make it a World Expedition. Seriously, that’s what Silversea will be doing in 2021 when they branch out into a whole new cruise ethos with their chic little adventurer Silver Cloud. […]
Chalk up January 13 as another cruise ‘first’ for Silversea. That was the date the boutique little Silver Cloud crossed the 66th parallel on a recent sailing, taking the ship into genuine Antarctic waters for the first time on her furthest-ever voyage South. Coincidentally, 2019 also marks the 10th year of Silversea Expeditions, who made their […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...