Simon and Susan are away this week (somewhere in the wilds of Michigan, we think; we know there are lakes there, so hopefully they are still getting their cruise on), hence we have been asked to take over the weekly blog with something suitable (amidst various caveats about sticking to the topic, not wandering off […]
Archive | Expedition Cruises RSS feed for this section
Suddenly, it’s the hot ticket in Cruise Town. We’ve seen it develop steadily in the past 15 years, but now expedition cruising is taking off like one of Elon Musk’s Falcon Heavy rockets at the Kennedy Space Center. Originally, there were companies like Lindblad Travel in the US (1966), Canada’s G Adventures (1990), Seattle-based Quark […]
The Cruise Line’s Managing Director Robin Maclear recently returned from celebrating 10 years of Silversea Expeditions on Silver Cloud… I recently spent two days aboard Silversea Expeditions’ newly-renovated Silver Cloud. The occasion, which was attended by many old friends and clients, was to mark Silversea’s 10 year anniversary as the pioneers of luxury expedition cruising. […]
The expedition cruise scene has been undergoing a radical change in the past 10 years. Once the preserve of clunky, basic, no-frills ships, the adventuring side of cruising has enjoyed a massive shot in the arm from new tonnage like Silversea’s, Celebrity’s and Ponant’s. Even some of the mainstream lines, such as Crystal, Seabourn and […]
Cruising’s remarkable upward trend hits a new high in 2018 when there are no less than sixteen new cruise ships set to make their ocean-going debut, at a total value of a record $8.4billion. That figure of sixteen is remarkable enough on its own, while the $8.4b figure is also eye-catching as it improves on […]
Built in 1989, Silver Explorer has been in operation for nearly 30 years, during which time she has established herself as as one of the world’s leading expedition-orientated cruise ships. As one of the UK’s top-selling agents for Silversea Expeditions, we’re often asked a variety of questions by our clients about Silver Explorer eager to […]
For over 25 years, Zegrahm Expeditions has taken travellers to the far ends of the earth and they remain one of the most trusted and respect expedition companies in the travel industry. Zegrahm offers innovative itineraries that their field leaders and programme managers build in order to offer a unique line-up of expeditions that are […]
In April, our Marketing Manager Debbie enjoyed a wonderful trip from Bergen with Hurtigruten and this is how she got on… After a short flight with Norwegian Air from Gatwick to Bergen, we were warmly greeted by the Hurtigruten team and swiftly transferred by coach on a tour of Troldhaugen, the former home of classical composer […]
Journey to some of the most remote regions on earth with Silversea Expeditions. A voyage with Silversea Expeditions offers everything that you would expect from Silversea Cruises, superb accommodation, fine-dining and modern facilities, but with a much greater focus on destination immersion and discovery than you would normally encounter on a traditional luxury cruise holiday. […]
Ponant offer some truly incredible voyages to various destinations across the world and one of those destinations is Antarctica. Antarctica is Earth’s southernmost continent, the fifth-largest continent in the world, and is situated in the Antarctic region of the Southern Hemisphere – it is also the coldest, driest and windiest continent in the world, but still it appeals to thousands of […]
- Best Cruises for First-timers 19/07/2018
- Why Alaska Should Be On Your Cruise Radar 12/07/2018
- Seabourn Take The Expedition Route 04/07/2018
- Ten Things We Loved About Wind Surf 28/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Seven: Le Lavandou 20/06/2018
- Wind Surf Live! Day Six: St Tropez 19/06/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Glad you enjoyed the post, Mr Peel. One of our Voy...
- Tom Peel: We've used The Cruise line for several cruises on...
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...