By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
Archive | Crystal Cruises RSS feed for this section
I was lucky enough to be invited by Silversea to Palermo in Sicily to see the lengthening of the Silver Spirit. We took a direct flight with BA from Heathrow to Palermo and were transferred to our hotel – Villa Igiea. Restored at the end of the 19th Century this beautiful hotel still has many […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Shuffleboard and deck quoits have largely been consigned to the dustbin of history in cruising terms – very sadly for those (like us!) who still remember keen ocean-going tournaments that enlivened long, languid sea days in the past. True, a few lines do still maintain these venerable maritime traditions, providing […]
The expedition cruise scene has been undergoing a radical change in the past 10 years. Once the preserve of clunky, basic, no-frills ships, the adventuring side of cruising has enjoyed a massive shot in the arm from new tonnage like Silversea’s, Celebrity’s and Ponant’s. Even some of the mainstream lines, such as Crystal, Seabourn and […]
A voyage with Crystal Cruises is a very special thing indeed. To step aboard one of the finest cruise ships in the world and know you don’t have to leave after just a few hours really is an incredible feeling. I recently embarked Crystal Symphony to experience the life of luxury with Crystal Cruises and […]
In January 2016, Crystal Serenity will set sail on her 102-night Grand Pacific Panorama World Cruise – a voyage that promises exceptional discovery on an itinerary boasting 48 ports of call, including three maiden visits in 19 different countries. Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity is offering several extended overnight stays in world capitals during this voyage, […]
Crystal Cruises has announced its complete line-up of 2017 global itineraries a whole two years in advance – with fares available to book now! The Crystal Cruises Worldwide Cruise Atlas 2016/2017 follows a 2016 season that offers a history-making transit of the Northwest Passage, plus a 102-day world cruise circling the Pacific Rim and more […]
In 2015, Crystal Cruises, the world’s most luxurious cruise line, will celebrate its 25th anniversary, it will be a year to remember and we wanted to share some of the highlights with you in our blog today. Aboard the two highest-rated ships in the world, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, you will discover the […]
“The best luxury cruise line in the world” Embark on an unforgettable five-star journey with Crystal Cruises and experience the real side of luxury cruising. For 20 consecutive years, Crystal Cruises has been named as the best luxury cruise line in the world and from the moment you step aboard it is clear to see […]
- Cruise Myths & Misconceptions 24/05/2018
- The Return of the QE2! 17/05/2018
- Old Man River Is New Again 10/05/2018
- First Review of Seabourn Ovation 08/05/2018
- A Guide To Cruising Australia 03/05/2018
- No Buts, It’s Got To Be Butler 27/04/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...