With reservations for Tradewind Voyages opening in November, we’re giving you the chance to be the first to find out about Golden Horizon‘s day-to-day itineraries and introductory fares. Simply complete the form below and one of our Voyage Consultants will be in touch with further details once they are released. UK Showcase Voyages Tradewind Voyages […]
Archive | Cruise News RSS feed for this section
By Simon & Susan Veness Now, where were we when we were so rudely interrupted by COVID-19? Ah yes – cruise memories and the best of all things sea-going. That seems like a lifetime ago. Amazingly, it is only just over a month since we were reporting on cruising’s struggles to avoid the worst effects […]
Welcome to our guide of the cruise-related programmes and movies that are on TV this April. We’ll be adding to this post throughout the month as the listings are released, so keep checking back to get your cruise fix! Television 1st April: How Do They Do It? (Quest TV, 11:30 pm) Focusing on breathtaking feats […]
Sir Richard Branson has pioneered many successful launches in his time as the founder and driving force behind the Virgin brand. It’s been an iconic name in business since 1970. And it’s a fitting moment that the company is celebrating its 50th anniversary this month at the same time as they are preparing for a […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We’re paraphrasing an old Ian Dury song here but bear with us. No, we’re not being flippant, but there is a sense that the media is over-dramatising the issue. There aren’t any reasons to be cheerful in this instance but, we think, there ARE reasons to be careful. Coronavirus hasn’t […]
By Simon & Susan Veness Just when you think the cruise-ship order books of the world couldn’t be any more jam-packed with new-builds and new ideas, along comes something novel and exciting that adds even more to this profusion of maritime magnificence. Enter, Emerald Yacht Cruises. Yes, there is still room for another ocean-going ultra-luxe […]
A Treadwell & Tenny Look Ahead to 2020 Back in our dim and distant youth, we fondly remember a cartoon featuring Tweety Pie and Sylvester where the hapless feline of the story was whisked aboard a ship and found himself at the mercy of some rough seas. Whenever he was in a position to make […]
By Simon and Susan Veness It’s undoubtedly true to say that there are always good reasons to take a cruise, but the start of a new decade is definitely a time to take stock, look ahead and anticipate some exciting developments in the maritime world. The past 10 years have seen steady growth in cruising in […]
If, like us, you find that the past 12 months have gone past in an even-faster-than-usual blur, well, first of all, we don’t blame you; and second, how about a refresher? Yes, it’s that time of year (already) when we take stock of the cruise world’s many achievements in 2019 and highlight our top moments, […]
Imagine our disgust. There we were enjoying our usual breakfast of a hard-boiled egg and kippers (for him) and a croissant with Harrods marmalade (her), when up popped a message in our Inbox marked ‘British Travel Awards Winners!’ We thought a little gentle information would help the digestion, but what we saw was enough to […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...