With reservations for Tradewind Voyages opening in November, we’re giving you the chance to be the first to find out about Golden Horizon‘s day-to-day itineraries and introductory fares. Simply complete the form below and one of our Voyage Consultants will be in touch with further details once they are released. UK Showcase Voyages Tradewind Voyages […]
Archive | Cruise Info RSS feed for this section
Welcome to our guide of the cruise-related programmes and movies that are on TV this April. We’ll be adding to this post throughout the month as the listings are released, so keep checking back to get your cruise fix! Television 1st April: How Do They Do It? (Quest TV, 11:30 pm) Focusing on breathtaking feats […]
I first experienced the magic (and it is magic) of SeaDream in 2014, when I directly worked for The Cruise Line, and I am thrilled to come back as a guest blogger to update my view of what makes a SeaDream voyage so different from the average luxury cruise. At The Cruise Line, we sold […]
By Simon & Susan Veness The world of travel has suffered something of a black eye in recent weeks in the realm of public opinion, cruising especially so. In many respects, it has become an unwitting Public Enemy No.1, through absolutely no fault of its own. We certainly live in challenging times at the moment, […]
Well, colour us amused, darlings. In fact, we’d have to go as far as saying we had a jolly good chuckle. There was the assembled UK cruise media in all its glory, at Dover and then Liverpool, all dolled up to view what, at first glance, seemed to be some kind of modern battleship, minus […]
We’ve been challenged this week. Not in any physical sense, you understand, just questioned in a fairly polite manner. It goes something like this – if Virgin Voyages are all about cruising for adults only, what other cruise lines offer specific features and amenities just for couples? And it is a good question. Not all […]
Sir Richard Branson has pioneered many successful launches in his time as the founder and driving force behind the Virgin brand. It’s been an iconic name in business since 1970. And it’s a fitting moment that the company is celebrating its 50th anniversary this month at the same time as they are preparing for a […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We’re paraphrasing an old Ian Dury song here but bear with us. No, we’re not being flippant, but there is a sense that the media is over-dramatising the issue. There aren’t any reasons to be cheerful in this instance but, we think, there ARE reasons to be careful. Coronavirus hasn’t […]
It’s been five years since I last stepped foot on a Regent Seven Seas’ ship. Back then, Seven Seas Mariner provided me with something of a landmark experience; my first taste of ‘true’ luxury cruising and a barometer against which I would measure every future voyage and – perhaps unfairly – every ship I was […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We are often asked about our favourite cruise line, or our “best ever” cruise, and it’s always a difficult one to answer objectively (especially after more than 100 voyages, from South Africa to Alaska!). It’s always tempting to say that our preferred cruise is the next one, such is […]
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- This Is Virgin On The Ridiculous! 03/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...