Most cruise ship visits in the Caribbean are about as routine as it gets. In the winter, this is the ‘Milk Run’ for cruise lines, the week-in, week-out routine that forms the basis of what they do. Cruising by numbers, if you like. Not this year. For large parts of the region, this is anything […]
Archive | Cruise Info RSS feed for this section
We have all seen That Look. You’ll notice it on the face of every first-time cruise passenger on their very first trip to the bathroom. You make yourself all nice and comfortable, do what needs to be done, proceed with the after-unmentionables, and then press the appropriate button or lever. The resultant noise is enough […]
A Plague On Both Your Harbours! Yorkshire had the right phrase for it, several eons ago. It doesn’t hold up quite so well in this day and age, but it is still worth repeating when you read something so mind-bogglingly stupid that you have to re-read it, several times, to make sure it isn’t you […]
BAHAMA-RAMA We’re in the Bahamas this week. Yes, we know, it’s a dirty rotten job, but someone simply has to do it. And, this week, it’s us. So let’s not have any rumblings and complaints of “Not fair,” etc. We’ve survived two weeks of winter, so we’re overdue for a break. Anyway, here we are, […]
VIRGIN VOYAGES: VIRGIN ON THE RIDICULOUS When Richard Branson started his Virgin brand back in 1972, it was with the express intention to be different. Like the difference between an Ibiza nightclub and the Royal Albert Hall. He didn’t go for subtlety, but he did go for value, and fun. Lots of fun. So much […]
The Cunard Way To say Halifax, Nova Scotia, is something of a cruise outlier would be the equivalent of insisting the government has a bit of a mess on its hands with Brexit. Named after the 2nd Earl of Halifax in 1749, this Canadian port was forever linked with the Titanic disaster in 1912 when […]
We understand that when you book a cruise holiday, getting a case of some serious heebie-jeebies might not feature high on your list of considerations. However, with the nights getting longer and Halloween drawing ever closer, we have picked out our top five spookiest places to visit on a cruise should you wish to mix […]
Tenny thinks nothing of throwing money around if he’s taken by some artistic trinket or other, but my parents were antique buyers for many years and, although I spent most of my adolescence pretending I wasn’t listening to a word they said, I did know a good lesson when I heard one. Their conversations regarding […]
In many ways, 1965 was a watershed year for Britain. Winston Churchill died. The Beatles played their final full UK tour. Mary Quant introduced the mini-skirt. The Magic Roundabout made its debut on TV. And Thomson Holidays was born. Mini skirts still, of course, exist, albeit usually in fashions that can best be described as […]
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CRUISE? It’s a question we’ve heard over and over again. Sometimes from friends, but usually from friends of friends, the ones who have yet to cruise and are keen to pick our brains about the best voyage for them. It’s the obvious query, but it doesn’t make it any easier to […]
- A Caribbean Recovery 07/12/2017
- A Damned Good Flushing 30/11/2017
- A Plague On Both Your Harbours! 16/11/2017
- Bahama-Rama 09/11/2017
- Virgin On The Ridiculous 02/11/2017
- The Cunard Way 26/10/2017
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...
- Vera Veness: Have a heart, I love those animals. Not too enamo...
- Treadwell: I promise you, Tenny still has plenty of spring in...