By Simon & Susan Veness A new set of initials worked its way into the cruise lexicon a few years back and, like Death and Taxes, we’re now stuck with it. For some, it’s a reason to wrinkle the forehead; for others it’s a reason to smile. You may already have seen it, as it […]
Archive | Cruise Info RSS feed for this section
By Simon & Susan Veness Anyone who followed our extensive Silver Muse ‘Live’ presentation for The Cruise Line last month will already know that we loved our time aboard the Silversea flagship. It more than lived up to expectations, and gave us one of our best luxury cruises anywhere. But we thought it would be […]
Day Nine: Cruise Log | Key West, Florida If there is one place in the world that is epitomised by the word ‘eclectic,’ it is Key West at the very southern tip of Florida. This bustling tourist centre that is just 105 miles from Havana revels in its idiosyncratic, even bizarre, nature, and it makes […]
Day Eight: Cruise Log | At Sea We’re on our penultimate day and it’s the ideal time to relax and reflect, to enjoy the ship’s glittering array of amenities and look back on seven superb days so far. Having a full day to luxuriate in the delights of our peripatetic home, we have been able […]
Day Three: Cruise Log | Cozumel, Quintana Roo (Mexico) Arriving in our first port of call at 8am makes for a completely different cruise dynamic after the slow pace of our opening sea day. We could sense the crew raising their game and taking the tempo of the ship up several notches, with more considerations […]
I was lucky enough to be invited by Silversea to Palermo in Sicily to see the lengthening of the Silver Spirit. We took a direct flight with BA from Heathrow to Palermo and were transferred to our hotel – Villa Igiea. Restored at the end of the 19th Century this beautiful hotel still has many […]
Day Two: Cruise Log | At Sea If there is an essence of the true ocean-going indulgence of a cruise, then it is a sea day, that chance to genuinely slow down and take advantage of the all-out pleasure of being far from land, with nothing to do but enjoy yourself among the facilities and […]
Embarkation Day – Day One Cruise log – Fort Lauderdale.- Checking in for a cruise is never usually an especially enjoyable experience, but you do expect above average for an ultra-luxury line. Did we say above average? How about seamless. That was how it worked out for us today at Port Everglades, where Silver Muse […]
By Simon and Susan Veness Would you like to know what a Silversea cruise is really like before you book it? Would you like the ultimate insider’s look at a vessel before sailing? And would it be helpful to get real-time photos and reports direct from the ship in question? If you answered ‘Yes’ to […]
By Simon & Susan Veness We’re in the middle of cruising’s annual Awards Season, and there are usually plenty to go around. The ‘Best This’ and the ‘Best That’ are commonplace, but there are a few worth paying attention to, as they come from a panel of experts who really know their stuff. Without wishing […]
- Onboard Credit – What Is It & How Does It Work? 11/04/2018
- 10 Things We Loved About Silver Muse 03/04/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 9 – Key West, Florida 22/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 8 – At Sea 21/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day 7 – Roatan, Honduras 20/03/2018
- Silver Muse Live! Day Six 19/03/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...