Old Man River made its debut in 1927, courtesy of the musical Show Boat. The song, by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II, served to highlight the relentless flow of the country’s most famous river at a time when the Mississippi was still the highway of America, thick with boats heading up and down-river with […]
Archive | American Queen RSS feed for this section
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
Do something different this festive season – enjoy a Christmas themed cruise aboard American Queen. The American Queen Steamboat Company has crafted several voyages – starting from 21 November – that will travel the waters of the Mississippi River to and from Memphis and New Orleans. A voyage filled with southern history and culture is […]
The Cruise Line guest blogger, Anthony Nicholas returns today with a wonderful insight into the world of paddle wheeler cruising aboard the simply gorgeous, American Queen. She looks like something straight out of a novel about Huckleberry Finn. Deck after deck rising up straight, white and symmetrical, like the tiers of a giant wedding cake. […]
- New Silver Moon Rising! 30/11/2020
- Pre-register for Tradewind Voyages 26/06/2020
- Getting Back To Cruising 21/04/2020
- Cruise On TV – April 2020 31/03/2020
- Why SeaDream? 12/03/2020
- Top Five Cruise Memories 12/03/2020
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- Aegean Odyssey Review 21/11/2018
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- David Smith: Thank you for your kind words, Ursula - hopefully,...
- Ursula Higgs: I am 69 years old so not the market this ship is a...
- Johan Strydom: We have sailed on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019...
- R. E. Blouin: You really need to look up Albert Ballin. He was ...
- JV: Could not agree more. Cruised with Regent last Ju...
- Simon Veness: Many thanks for your comment. We will definitely b...