Old Man River made its debut in 1927, courtesy of the musical Show Boat. The song, by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II, served to highlight the relentless flow of the country’s most famous river at a time when the Mississippi was still the highway of America, thick with boats heading up and down-river with […]
Archive | American Queen RSS feed for this section
By Simon & Susan Veness We have two words for you this week. River cruising. There, we said it. In a world largely dominated by the ocean-going variety, we dare to raise the idea of the sedate – and often derided – realm of travelling the riverine route. Now, we know this may put us […]
Do something different this festive season – enjoy a Christmas themed cruise aboard American Queen. The American Queen Steamboat Company has crafted several voyages – starting from 21 November – that will travel the waters of the Mississippi River to and from Memphis and New Orleans. A voyage filled with southern history and culture is […]
The Cruise Line guest blogger, Anthony Nicholas returns today with a wonderful insight into the world of paddle wheeler cruising aboard the simply gorgeous, American Queen. She looks like something straight out of a novel about Huckleberry Finn. Deck after deck rising up straight, white and symmetrical, like the tiers of a giant wedding cake. […]
- The Return of the QE2! 17/05/2018
- Old Man River Is New Again 10/05/2018
- First Review of Seabourn Ovation 08/05/2018
- A Guide To Cruising Australia 03/05/2018
- No Buts, It’s Got To Be Butler 27/04/2018
- (Cruise) Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing 20/04/2018
- Marina, you’ve gotta see her! 13/06/2013
- Small Ship Cruising 25/04/2012
- SeaDream Yacht Club Blog 30/09/2013
- EUROPA 2 – Try it, you WILL love it! 02/09/2014
- Baby Love – Tips For Cruising With Infants 12/02/2013
- MS Europa 2 Review 09/05/2013
- Simon Veness: It was a great boarding experience and got the tri...
- Sans Spinks: Seems as though they have boarding down to a T ins...
- Treadwell & Tenny: Aha! Great insight, Gun Ainm. We could only find ...
- Gun Ainm: As a Scottish Gaelic speaker I've been asked abou...
- Treadwell & Tenny: We quite like that. Has the ring of history to it....
- Jean palmer: New ship name victory...