The Zuiderdam is one of Holland America’s newer and larger ships at around 82,000 tons. In spite of this, she carries less than 2,000 passengers in an environment that emphasises both abundant space and Holland-America’s timeless sense of elegance and grace.
Expansive sun decks come complete with two pools- one with a sliding glass roof- and several hot tubs. The upper deck observation lounge is ideal for savouring a spectacular sunset, while a small but elegantly scaled three story atrium lobby gives the ship a beautiful sense of perspective and style.
Zuiderdam varies her time between the sparkling Caribbean, the majestic glaciers of Alaska, and the bountiful beauty of Mediterranean Europe. She has large and lavish cabins, many with beautifully furnished verandas, and exudes an air of classical style overlaid with every modern comfort and convenience.
For night owls, there is a late night disco and a large, high rolling casino to keep the action going. Lavish shows are staged in a triple tiered main showroom, yet there are peaceful nooks aplenty on this extraordinary seagoing playground.
The ability to do everything, or indeed nothing, in such highly styled, well served surroundings makes cruising on this beautiful ship an almost irresistible proposition wherever she happens to sail.
The Zuiderdam offers some thirty-one grades of accommodation, from inside cabins to suites with balconies. These are outlined below. All come with shower and WC, flat screen TV and DVD, telephone and data part.
- Eight grades of accommodation are designated as insides, with beds that convert to queen size. Around 170- 200 sq. ft
- Nine grades in all. Grades H and HH have fully obstructed views. Also grade GG. Grade G has partially obstructed views
- C, D. DD. E and F are full ocean view cabins.
- All ocean view cabins have bath tub. All from 185 sq. ft
- All twin beds convert to queen
- Seven grades of cabin with beautifully furnished veranda, sitting area and beds that convert to queen size, plus indoor sitting area. Around 254 sq. ft
- Three grades of superior veranda suite. As balcony cabins, but with larger sitting area, twin sinks and whirlpool bath. Around 398 sq. ft
- Three grades of deluxe veranda. As above, but with additional shower and larger veranda. Around 510 sq. ft
- Penthouse veranda suites with king size bed, separate living and dining rooms, additional whirlpool bath on veranda, microwave and refrigerator. Around 1,300 sq. ft
Large, three level theatre for Broadway production shows and musical revues
Numerous bars and lounges featuring different styles of music for pre and post dinner listening and dancing
- Late night disco
- Large, fully staffed casino
- Occasional outdoor parties on deck
- Cookery demonstrations
- Movie theatre with popcorn each night
- Large, upper deck Greenhouse Spa with hydrotherapy pool, steam and scent rooms (extra charge applies)
- Vast, panoramic forward facing observation lounge
- Two outdoor pools, one with sliding glass roof, and six whirlpools
- Gymnasium with saunas
- Fitness and beauty centre with numerous treatments.
- Main two level dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner, either in two sittings or with flexible dining at night
- Stunning, extra tariff Pinnacle Grill at night with outstanding food and service
- Large lido buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Concierge private lounge for all passengers in accommodations designated as suites
- Movie theatre
- Queen’s lounge and culinary arts centre
- Library and internet facilities
- Shopping gallery
- Volleyball court
|13 Jul 2019||Viking Passage Voyage Of The Vikings||34 days||Zuiderdam|
|13 Jul 2019||Viking Passage||17 days||Zuiderdam|
|19 Jul 2019||Jewels of the Baltic||10 days||Zuiderdam|
|19 Jul 2019||Baltic & Northern Isles Enchantment||24 days||Zuiderdam|
|29 Jul 2019||Northern Isles||14 days||Zuiderdam|
|29 Jul 2019||Baltic & Northern Isles Enchantment||24 days||Zuiderdam|
|30 Jul 2019||Viking Passage||17 days||Zuiderdam|
|12 Aug 2019||Jewels of Baltic||10 days||Zuiderdam|
|12 Aug 2019||Baltic Adventure & Viking Passage||28 days||Zuiderdam|
|16 Aug 2019||Voyage Of The Vikings||18 days||Zuiderdam|
|22 Aug 2019||Viking Passage||18 days||Zuiderdam|
|3 Sep 2019||Colors of Canada & New England||12 days||Zuiderdam|
|9 Sep 2019||Colors of Canada & NE||10 days||Zuiderdam|
|15 Sep 2019||Colors of Canada & New England||12 days||Zuiderdam|
|19 Sep 2019||Colors of Canada & NE||10 days||Zuiderdam|